The Senior Software Developer is responsible for developing, enhancing and maintaining application software, websites, and application databases.
- Identify features and improvements to enhance the usability, maintainability, security and performance of internally developed software and systems.
- Develop, enhance and maintain application software and databases to established standards and specifications using approved programming languages.
- Participate in all aspects of the software lifecycle including requirement definitions, design, implementation, testing and maintenance.
- Review, analyze, and modify application software and databases including coding, testing, debugging and documenting programs.
- Participate in the PathGroup Project Process.
- Participate in the design and selection of new application software and tools.
- Analyze reasons for application and database failures, and revise applications or database logic as necessary.
- Mentor other team members.
- Perform all job responsibilities in alignment with the industry's best security practices and regulatory guidelines to protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of protected health information and other sensitive company data.
- Must be familiar with Corporate Compliance Program and Corporate Policies.
- Work independently with other departments within PathGroup and subsidiaries.
- Nothing in the job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & LICENSURE:
- Bachelor's degree in a related field required or applicable education and experience equivalent.
- Six to eight years programming experience using C++ or C# and T-SQL required.
- Healthcare experience preferred.
- Must be an excellent problem solver who is able to work independently.
- Ability to prioritize duties and attentiveness to detail required.
- Effective oral and written communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills required.