NT Concepts is seeking a Senior Software Developer to support the DoD enterprise Military Housing system. This complex system of 28 web-based modules used by over 10,000 active users to meet the housing needs of over 2.5 million service members, DoD civilians, and their families.
As a Senior Software Developer, you will:
- Work within an Agile development structure to lead the software development processes necessary to support over 400 major updates and product changes per year across the enterprise.
- Ensure that all Product Increments are appropriately tested, comply with all DoD and service-level security and configuration requirements, and meet the needs of the customer.
- Gather and analyze user requirements generated through formal Change Management processes from Air Force, Army, Navy, Coast Guard, and DoD-level customers.
- Remote flexibility with on site time split between NT Concepts' headquarters in Vienna, VA and Herdon, VA
- BA/BS degree in a technical field (IT, Information Security, Software Development).
- 10 years of relevant professional experience supporting software development.
- Familiarity with Agile software development.
- Experience with Java, SQL
- CompTIA Security +
- Current Secret Clearance
- Working knowledge of leading web frameworks such as GWT and MVC
Preferred Qualifications (At least one of these)
- Certified Scrum Master
- Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)
- Certified Scrum Professional
- An MS in a technical field is preferred
- OCA or OCP Java Certification
- Code in one or more languages besides Java (Python, PHP, C, Pro *C, etc)
- Working knowledge of common software development best practice tools such as Jenkins, GIT, Maven, Ant, Gradle, etc
- Working knowledge with many of the following standards/frameworks/tools: J2EE, JSP, Servlets, Hibernate, ANT, Gradle, EJB, JBoss, JFrog, SQL, XML, Oracle, MySQL, and reporting tools, i.e. Crystal Reports, JReports, JasperSoft etc.
Working at NT Concepts means that you are part of an innovative, agile company dedicated to solving the most critical challenges in National Security. We're expert leaders and problem solvers who roll up our sleeves to get the job done. We're passionate, curious, and committed to doing important work. At the same time, we're life-long learners, avid mentors, and we like to have fun.
We're looking for the best and the brightest to join us in supporting the mission of National Security. If meaningful work, initiative, creativity, and continuous self-improvement are important to your career, join our growing talent network and discover What's Next for you.