NSS Labs, Inc. is recognized globally as the most trusted source for independent, fact-based cybersecurity guidance. Our mission is to advance transparency and accountability within the cybersecurity industry. We empower enterprises by providing them with timely, relevant information on which to base their decisions. Our unmatched foundation in security testing, along with our extensive research and global threat discovery capabilities, provide the basis for NSS Labs’ Cloud Platform for Continuous Security Validation. This cloud platform measures the ongoing effectiveness of security controls, providing a real-time insight to help business leaders substantiate their securityinvestments. Businesses can also leverage this cloud platform to strengthen their cyberrisk posture and improve their ability to identify and respond when it matters. Many of the world's largest and most demanding enterprises rely on trusted insights from NSS Labs.
NSS Labs is looking for a Senior Software Engineer based in Austin, TX or Maryland. We are seeking someone who's passionate about building innovative products that scale to thousands of users a day. NSS Labs offers developers a complex development ecosystem with short release cycles. You will be part of our Cloud Platform development team—a growing group of full-stack engineers with a diverse background, bringing a variety of skills and perspectives to the table. Your fresh perspective is important to our growth.
- Work on our core cloud platform that serves as the foundation for all of our user-facing apps, exposes functionality via APIs, and implements integration points for external services
- The candidate must work well with others and have in-depth knowledge in the .NET Framework and C# programming language. This role will involve analytics and big data processing, so experience with NoSQL and MapReduce implementations will be useful
- Learn the architecture of the platform and assure that the architecture is maintained as features are added to the system
- Collaborate with Project Managers, Architects and other departments to develop both new and expand functionality to existing applications to provide delivery of the platform according to schedule
- Mentor and Assure Design and Coding Standards are maintained
- Build a distributed, scalable SaaS platform that serves high request volumes and maintains service levels to satisfy some of the world’s largest enterprises
Required Skills and Experiences:
- 5+ years of experience with C# and the .NET Framework
- Experience in designing and creating APIs that are managed wrappers to native APIs
- Experience with design patterns
- Experience building highly scalable distributed systems
- Experience with a distributed messaging system like ZeroMQ, RabbitMQ, and ActiveMQ and the ability to identify the strengths and weakness of each
- Experience with different message serialization and encoding techniques with a focus on minimizing message size
- Experience building relational data models and exposing them to applications via a language-appropriate object representation
- Experience dealing with high volume of data and experience with NoSQL databases is a plus
- Experience with concurrency, relational databases, RESTful web services, test-first development, and Agile methodologies
- Experience with the following software: Microsoft Visual Studio, ReSharper, GIT, JIRA, Windows XP/Vista/7/8,8.1,10
- Familiar with data mining concepts and machine learning algorithms
- Familiarity with the Windows API (WinAPI) is a plus
- Familiarity in developing plugins for Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Chrome is a plus
- Familiarity with the Microsoft Office API is a plus
- Familiarity with developing mobile applications on iOS and Android using either their SDKs or technology stacks like PhoneGap and Xamarin is a plus
At NSS Labs, we hire innovative and talented individuals with a passion for leading-edge technology. We have a culture of innovation, where quality, originality, and “thinking outside the box” are encouraged. Our leadership fosters professional growth and support, all within a fast-paced environment.
Located in Austin, Texas, NSS Labs offers its team members competitive compensation, medical and dental, and 401(k) benefits. If you feel you have the passion, dedication, and expertise that match our unique company, apply to join our team!
Third party resumes are not currently being accepted. NSS Labs, Inc. will not pay a fee for unsolicited resumes.