Become one of the stars behind the show and become part of the world’s most powerful entertainment brands. Our Company has one exciting mission: To entertain the human race.
As a part of a dynamic cross-functional team, the Senior Software Developer is responsible for the custom software development that comprises a suite of applications running MGM’s eCommerce engine. The incumbent must be experienced and hands-on with well-developed skills in building and maintaining Java applications.
- Designs, modifies, develops, writes and implements software applications.
- Collaborates with others, mentoring more junior developers and engineers, in problem solving and troubleshooting of software applications.
- Mentors and supports more junior developers.
- Participates in the testing process throughout the development cycle.
- Supports QA in the testing process providing feedback and actively participating in the iterative process to drive efficiency in delivery.
- Takes initiative and directs self as well as more junior team members to plan and execute work meeting deadlines and achieving expectations in alignment with project business requirements.
- Other job related duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- At least 5 years of experience in the design and development of software using Java and/or C++.
- Knowledge of databases and SQL.
- Knowledge of SOA architectures and Enterprise Service Bus.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- Previous experience leading software development projects.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.