There are 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more... many moving into urban centers at an unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we’re all about at John Deere. And it’s why we’re investing in our people and our technology like never before in our 175-year history. Here the world’s brightest minds are tackling the world’s biggest challenges. If you believe one person can make the world a better place, we’ll put you to work. RIGHT NOW.
Primary Location: United States (US) - Illinois (US-IL) - Milan
Function: Product Engineering
Title: Senior Software Developer, Machine - 38725
***Note: This job posting is filling multiple positions.***
As the Senior Software Developer (Machine), for the John Deere Intelligent Solutions Group (Milan), we are looking for passionate individuals to help us build the next gen IoT platform. You will provide technical leadership to an Agile (scrum) team working on Java, Akka, Amazon Web Services (AWS) technologies and Big Data concepts. You will participate in all aspects of the team's work, including development, design, testing, and analysis. In addition, you will:
- Perform hands-on code development and delivery and ensure that coding standards, patterns and approaches are appropriate, consistent and of high quality.
- Provide guidance to other team members of design solutions or coding practices within the team.
- Be considered an expert within the team on tools and technology in use.
- Be expected to work with members of the team by pairing, coaching and review.
- Lead the way in terms of new technology adoption for betterment of product reliability.
Visa sponsorship is available for this position.
What Skills You Need
- 8 or more years of experience in designing and developing Java applications
- 3 or more years of experience in leading delivery and managing technical teams
- 1 or more years of experience with AWS technologies
- Experience in Akka framework
- Experience in TDD, Agile methodologies
- Experience in Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, comprehension, and presentation)
What Makes You Stand Out
- Experience with AWS technologies and concepts, specifically: Kinesis, Lambda, Cloud Formation, ECS/EC2, API Gateway, DynamoDB, SQS, IAM roles etc.
- Experience in gathering/analyzing/developing systems to test scalability/performance of a system
- Knowledge of AWS IoT
- Understanding of different components of JDLink & Operation Center
- Understanding of current streaming precision Ag technologies and its use
- Experience working with a geographically distributed teams
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science
Education (or equivalent work experience)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or relevant discipline