The Senior SoftwareDeveloper -Linguistics will work in Automotive Professional Services project teams that integrate and deliver Nuance state-of-the-art speech recognition and text-to-speech products to embedded platforms for major automotive companies. You will be closely working together with our customers’ integration teams to help them include Nuancetechnologies into successful products in an efficient way. As a member of the Professional Services team, you will beresponsible for ASR (Automatic Speech Recogntion) and NLU (NaturalLanguage Undertsanding) performance analysis and optimization of embedded and cloud recognition systems. You will work directly with members of the project team and customer technical staff.
- Work with internal project teams and end customers to ensure best possible recognition performance and user experience in deployed systems
- Analyze recognition system performance; identify areas of underperformance, and optimize by improving grammars, statistical semantic models, and recognition configurations.
- Deliver analysis results and recommendations to internal teams and our customers.
- Develop methodologies, scripts, procedures that improve efficiency and quality
- Define recognition system test plans and customer facing test reports
- Work with language specialists as necessary to resolve language dependent questions or issues
- Provide input into the design of future product releases, working with Product, R&D, and other groups
- Perform tasks related to securing and keeping the products, tools, and processes that you are responsible for secure
Number of Years of Work Experience: 5 years + of experience
- Demonstrated experience in large vocabulary natural language speech recognition
- An inherent drive for perfection and creativity
- Ability to think both technically and creatively to help solve challenging technical problems
- Strong programming skills with fluency in one or more scriptinglanguages (Python, Perl).
- Experience in a Linux environment, especially Bash Shell
- Excellent written and verbal English communications skills and well organized
- Ability to qualify, triage, and resolve recognition issues raised by customers
- Highly independent and capable of fulfilling multiple project commitments concurrently
- Work well in team settings in fast-paced environment
- Initiative and perseverance to deliver high quality work
- Fluency in a second European or Asian language(s)
- Knowledge of a software development process (e.g. Agile)
- Experience in Data Science, or related fields
- Experience with linguistics
- Knowledge of machine learning algorithms
Bachelors or Graduate University degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Computational Linguistics or equivalent.