You eat Java for breakfast, Web Services for lunch, and Node.js for dinner. You love partnering with your designer friends and realizing their visions with your code. You are a TDD champion, ensuring we have continuous integration coupled with automated testing to ensure no code goes untested. You know how to apply OOP principles in all of your work, and recognize the value of design and code reviews. You are agile and lean… delivering high value functionality iteratively to customers… in the cloud.
What you will be doing:
- Architecting and developing web applications, prototypes, or POC’s
- Leading the gathering of functional requirements, developing technical specifications, and project & test planning
- Acting as the technical subject matter expert: Mentoring fellow engineers, demonstrating technical expertise, and collaborating with a small team solving challenging programming and design problems
- Ready to handle a fast paced environment for iterative project turnarounds on mission & revenue critical, customer facing applications and websites
- Generate technical documentation to communicate architectural and design options, and educate development teams and business users
- BS/Masters in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of developing and deploying consumer facing web applications with an emphasis on front end web development
- Java- Strong design and coding skills in Enterprise Java, REST & SOAP web services, ORM (JPA/Hibernate), Spring, Maven, JMS (ActiveMQ), Caching, XML, JSON.
- Node.js- You have at least 1 year in experience developing with NodeJS and have learned and developed a POV on best practices for managing Node applications