- Perform new application development including initial design and evaluation for workload to give an estimated work duration
- Provide maintenance support and enhance performance to existing application code
- Design, develop, and maintain implementations of Page Editor, Advantage Architect workflows and SQL Server stored procedures
- Review and document existing application code
- Analyze and design databases within an application area, working individually or coordinating database development as part of a team
- Monitor and troubleshoot production software issues and provide solutions
- Analyze user needs and software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints
- Confer with systems analysts, engineers, programmers, product managers and others to design system and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces and legacy systems
- Develop and coordinate software unit testing and system testing and validation procedures, and documentation
- Develop in accordance with system performance standards set by the organization
- Coordinate software deployments and monitor applications to ensure specifications are met
- Mentor Junior developers
- Perform other duties as required and assigned by manager and upper management.
- Follow legal policies as directed.
Minimum Job Requirements
- 5+ years of recent software development experience.
- Strong development experience using HighJump framework - HighJump Architect, WebWise and MS SQL Server.
- Microsoft SQL development experience
- Experience with SSRS and Crystal Reports.
- Proficiency building unit tests / integration tests for HighJump Warehouse Advantage platform and MS SQL Server.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Knowledge of data structures and algorithms
- Proficiency in Object Oriented design and programming.
- Experience with version control tool, preferably Git.
Preferred Job Requirements
- Experience with MicroStrategy, HJ Reports and similar reporting tools.
- Experience with production trouble shooting and analysis using log / debugging tools such as Elastic.
- Highly proficient in understanding new technologies accomplishing projects goals successfully.
- Exceptionally well organized, strong work ethics and willingness to work hard to achieve employer objectives.
- Strong teamwork and communication skills.
- Experience with HighJump test automation like FitNesse
- Transaction Handling across DBs/Services
- Data interchange technologies such as JSON, XML
- Process Improvement & Product Management
- Agile Development
- Security frameworks
- Micro Service Architecture
- Enterprise Architecture
- Peer programming/ Code review skills
- Scaling applications for performance and availability
- Log analysis tools such as Elastic
- Data Structures and Algorithms
- Object Oriented Design
- MS SQL/ MySQL databases
- SSIS Packages
- Source code management tools such as GIT/SVN
- Written and Communication skills
- RDBMS (such as Oracle and MS SQL) Knowledge
- HighJump Architect and WebWise
- Crystal Reports
- SSRS Report Building
Bachelor’s degree or U.S. equivalent in Computer Applications, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology, or a related field or equivalent.
This position requires the incumbent to sit, stand and perform general office functions. The incumbent may also be required to lift up to 25 pounds occasionally. Bending, stooping and reaching are also frequently required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and associates. This policy includes our commitment to ensure that all employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, pregnancy, veteran status (including Vietnam era veterans), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other non-job-related characteristic protected by law.
Who We Are:
What We Offer:
- 401k (6% match)
- Flexible Schedules
- Onsite Health Clinic
- Tuition Reimbursement, Leadership Development Program, & Mentorship Program
- Onsite Fitness Center with group fitness classes and trainers
- Onsite Cafe with additional Coffee Shop and Juice Bar
- Onsite Greenhouse, providing fresh fruits & vegetables for our cafe
- Overstock Women's Network (OWN)
- And More…
*Benefits vary based on position, tenure, location, and employee election
This position requires you to sit, stand and perform general office functions. You may also be required to lift up to 25 pounds occasionally. Bending, stooping and reaching are also frequently required.
Equal Employment Opportunity: