Who we are:
Geotab is a global leader in IoT and connected transportation and certified "Great Place to Work." We are a company of diverse and talented individuals who work together to help businesses grow and succeed, and increase the safety and sustainability of our communities.
Geotab is advancing security, connecting commercial vehicles to the internet and providing web-based analytics to help customers better manage their fleets. Geotab's open platform and Marketplace, offering hundreds of third-party solution options, allows both small and large businesses to automate operations by integrating vehicle data with their other data assets. Processing billions of data points a day, Geotab leverages data analytics and machine learning to improve productivity, optimize fleets through the reduction of fuel consumption, enhance driver safety and achieve strong compliance to regulatory changes.
Who you are:
As a Senior Software Developer, you consider yourself a Software Wizard. You are a Solutions Architect and Systems Designer who will settle for nothing less than building highly scalable, highly reliable, and fault tolerant web applications. You develop high level code with attention to system integration and feasibility. You are able to create representations for functions and user interfaces. You will ensure that the software meets all requirements of design, quality, security, extensibility etc. You have the ability to take the solution all the way to the finish line. You are also a coach and always provide technical guidance and mentorship to other developers and engineers in the team.
What you'll do:
Your job is to be part of a team who builds a state of the art telematics platform, that makes sense of the data collected by our custom built hardware. We receive detailed data and metrics for millions of vehicles globally, which is processed and interpreted to create actionable information for our customers. Your key area of responsibility will be to contribute to a dynamically scalable system by leading architecture, design, and end-to-end development of key features in our applications. You will write high performance code (C#, Java, Python, or Rust) and SQL queries to process and store this information in real-time.
We have adopted a hybrid working model in response to COVID-19. Eligible candidates must be able to travel to one of our Geotab offices in the following locations: Oakville, ON, Toronto,ON, Waterloo, ON, Burnaby, BC or Laval, QC.
How you'll make an impact:
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, reliable code to develop high throughput, performance critical, and scalable applications.
- Translate application storyboards and use cases into functional applications.
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications.
- Perform Test Driven Development (TDD), take part in peer code reviews, ensuring coding standards are followed, looking for logic errors and other bugs.
- Lead and contribute to system design discussions while acting as a mentor and SME to other Junior developers.
What you'll bring to this role:
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience of coding at a high competency, enterprise level with low tolerance to error.
- Solid understanding of object-orientated or functional programming in C#, Java, or Python.
- Experience with SQL database design, optimization and writing queries.
- Working knowledge of web services including REST and MVC.
- Working knowledge with Git and Jira is preferred.
- Bachelor of Computer Science, Electrical/Software Engineering or other related degree.
- Bonus if you have:
- Cloud computing experience with GCP (preferred), AWS, or Azure.
- Docker, Kubernetes.
- Messaging queues such as Kafka, RabbitMQ
Our Tech Stack:
- .NET Core 5.0
- Web services, REST APIs, object-oriented design, unit testing, optimization and multithreaded programming
- Google BigQuery, and Google Cloud Platform
- Docker, Kubernetes
How we work:
At Geotab, we understand that the world is always changing and that we need to change with it. Geotab has adopted a hybrid model for working, including a flexible work from home program, with the opportunity to work in our safe, clean offices. When working from home, you are required to have a reliable internet connection with at least 50mb DL/10mb UL. Remote work is supported with cloud-based applications, collaboration tools and asynchronous working. The health and safety of employees are a top priority. We encourage work-life balance and keep the Geotab culture going strong with online social events, chat rooms and gatherings. Join us and help reshape the future of technology!
We believe that ensuring diversity is fundamental to our future growth and progress and is an integral part of our business. We believe that success happens where new ideas can flourish - in an environment that is rich in diversity and a place where people from various backgrounds can work together. Geotab encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to accommodating people with disabilities during the recruitment and assessment processes and when people are hired. We will ensure the accessibility needs of employees with disabilities are taken into account as part of performance management, career development, training and redeployment processes. If you require accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information about our diversity and inclusion as well as accommodation policies and practices,