Responsibilities and Duties:
- Contributing to our current web application in AngularJS by writing clean, reusable and performant code following the latest ES6 standards
- Advocate for unit tests with high coverage and writing the happy paths test cases for E2E tests using Cypress (or Selenium)
- Leading the architectural design and development of our next generation web application (while ensuring seamless collaboration with the UX team) using React
- Utilizing your technical expertise and solid leadership skills to guide developers in creating large scale, resilient, stateful web applications
- Providing effective code reviews for the web code base, and mentoring your peers
- Knowledgeable in the latest frontend technologies and standards to ensure we are always using the best tools and techniques
- Collaborating with cross-functional team members on designing and implementing new features
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Qualifications & Education Requirements:
- A University degree or advanced diploma in a software engineering-related discipline, preferably in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- You have a deep understanding of semantic HTML and component driven architecture.
- You have an outstanding attention to detail, you are a big advocate for great UX, and you are keen on using tools/methodologies to help write maintainable and scalable CSS in large codebases (i.e. Less, Sass, BEM, etc.).
- You have experience with mobile first approaches and responsive web architecture.
- You are enthusiastic about the concept of micro-frontends.
- You have experience with subversion control systems (with a preference for Git).
- You have experience supporting the most popular browsers and comfortable writing clean code that supports some older supported browsers (i.e. IE 11).
- You are comfortable working with the built-in browser tools and prefer using performance profiling tools to avoid premature optimization.
- You have experience working in an Agile environment where delivery and execution is critical.
- You have amazing projects that would provide evidence.
- You are constantly learning and looking for ways to improve yourself and the processes around you.
- You enjoy mentoring and supporting other team members by doing code reviews and applying your experience in process and technical leadership.
- You have experience working in Agile team environments and are a self-starter, conscientious member of the team.
- You are a good communicator.
- You not only love to code, but also you’re awesome at it!