Fleet Complete is looking for smart, passionate senior developers like you to deliver world-class fleet management solutions to the transportation industry. As a Senior Software Developer, you skillfully navigate areas within the mobile, web and server-side components supporting our distributed, cloud-based love turning product requirements into reality, and you enjoy working as one member of an agile team. You also enjoy promoting best practices, mentoring team members, and you have a healthy obsession with delivering high quality code.
We are a telematics company - we take in large amounts of vehicle IoT data and deliver value to our users with our simple and elegant SaaS product. It’s a fast-growing sector where the possibilities are endless, and we keep up with the latest technologies to help us better serve our customers.
Day to day responsibilities:
- Deliver features for our flagship Telematics SaaS.
- Liaise with Product Owners, Architects, UX Designers and members on other teams to execute on our vision.
- Participate in all phases of our iterative development cycle, including epic elaboration, story grooming, sprint planning, daily stand-ups, demos and retrospectives.
- Automate our development process as we strive for Continuous Integration and Delivery.
- Ensure compliance with our distributed platform architecture.
- Assist and mentor team members, ensuring high quality results get delivered on-time.
- Clearly articulate ideas both verbally and written, with a positive attitude.
- Appreciate and acknowledge individual and team contributions.
- Work with our DevOps Team to ensure 24x7 uptime for our SaaS infrastructure.
We want people who:
- Have a degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Have strong development experience with Java (or similar).
- Have experience delivering cloud-based solutions in AWS (or similar).
- Have experience with unit testing and end-to-end testing frameworks.
- Excel at troubleshooting within a distributed environment.
- Understand asynchronous messaging patterns using Kafka.
- Web UI development experience is an asset.
- Android and/or iOS development experience is an asset.
- Will support our disciplined code review practice.
- Embrace contemporary Agile and DevOps methodologies.
- Have experience using Jira and Git.