The Emerging Technology team focuses on bringing new platforms and experiences to market. In the past year this has included both our Alexa skill and Facebook Messenger chatbot, which supports complex conversational commerce flows like trading and deposits. We are growing the team to expand our work on conversational commerce and other forthcoming projects like augmented reality and education. The Sr. Software Developer will perform complex software design tasks and work independently on the design, installation and maintenance of complex systems/projects
- Main Accountability 1: System and productdesign.
- Performs product design tasks of a moderate to high complexity which require research and analysis.
- Perform system design and specification development, program logic and flow-charting, architect application security, testing, debugging, and documentation with full awareness of cost/benefit, risk and performance.
- Works independently and with supervisory review on moderate to highly complex programming tasks.
- Provides analysis of problems and recommends solutions.
- Prepares program specifications and develops coding logic flowcharts in compliance with secure coding standards.
- Main Accountability 2: Execute solutions.
- Participates in client interactions, possibly with more senior team members, to develop system solutions to business problems.
- Works within established procedures and tools to develop, test, validatesecurity features, code review, implement, and maintain application software while focusing on best practice application security throughout the code life-cycle.
- Main Accountability 3: Provide leadership to more juniorassociates.
- Recognized as a SME on a particular system, aspect or module of a system.
- Mentors more junior developers.
- May lead projects as needed.
- 4 Year College Degree; Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent experience
- 5+ Years Related Experience
- Experience with conversational agents (Alexa, Facebook Messenger bots, Skype bots, Cortana, Siri, Google assistant, etc.) preferred
- Experience with other emerging technologiespreferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Full knowledge of common software design patterns (Gang of Four)
- 5+ years’ experience with Object Oriented Analysis and Design
- 5+ years’ experience with distributed systems development
- 5+ years’ experience with real time, high volume transaction systems preferred
- 5+ years’ experience with Agile, Test Driven Development or related lifecycle methodologies
- Experience working with highly concurrent systems preferred
- Full knowledge and experience of multi-threading and concurrency
- Experience working with networking programming and sockets preferred
- Financial services experiencepreferred
- Experience with Node.JS preferred
- Experience with real time processing, relational database systems, and data
- Ability to interpret business requirements
- Experience with Unix/Linux, Windows
- Demonstrated experience working with core business logic within applications
- Military education or experience may be considered in lieu of civilian requirements listed.