What We Are Looking For:
Are you someone who has experience building full stack web applications? Do you love pulling together open source technology with clever implementations into an amazing service? Is deploying and operating your services in AWS part of your DNA?
We’re looking for a Senior Software Developer (Edge Services) who gets things done and is capable of being a leader on a new development team. We’re seeking somebody who enjoys creating new products and enjoys the craft of software. Not sure if you’re 100% qualified? That's ok, you should still go for it and apply! If your idea of fun is losing track of time while building cool new things, we’d like to talk to you.
What You'll Do:
- You’re gonna write great code.
- You’ll be a senior member of an agile software development team, and a leading voice in your team’s design and implementation efforts.
- You’ll collaborate with, and support peers to write code that is both readable and reliable due to its inherent lack of complexity.
- You’ll also look critically at what we’re building and how we’re building it
- You’ll play a critical role in establishing and maintaining the infrastructure of our production environment
What You Need:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- While years of experience is an imperfect measure, you’ve probably been a software
- engineer for 6+ years
- You have expertise building distributed services in modern programming languages
- You have experience with AWS or other cloud platforms, and you “get” how scalable cloud applications are engineered
- Understanding of fundamental design principles for building a scalable application
- You have experience designing web services and service oriented architectures
- You’re familiar with relational and non-relational database systems
- You’re passionate about the craft of software engineering
- You’ve had some exposure to, and excitement about, containerization
- You have experience scaling event systems and high throughput services
- You have startup experience, or generally work in an environment with independent work and less defined requirements
- You have worked with Serverless technologies