About the Opportunity
DMI is seeking a Senior Software Developer with experience utilizing Adobe AEM. Experience with AEM forms and workflow development and software implementation. Also experience with Java J2EE, web application development, Object Oriented principles, and SQL query concepts are necessary. Experience with front-end development, including Java Script, AJAX concepts, and HTML/CSS is necessary. Ideal candidates will have specific experience in completing AEM authoring tasks, design and development of an AEM site using HTML, development of content and structure components, adding components to a responsive grid, Eclipse for site development, and Maven or similar tools to build and deploy software. In addition, experience with Oracle databases, Hibernate, JMS, XML, XHTML, application clustering concepts, and Java applets is necessary. The candidate should be able to demonstrate experience in software design documentation development and software coding standards and define best practices.
- Experience with programmatic unit testing (e.g. JUnit) or front-end automated testing is highly desired.
- Ability to learn quickly, be able to juggle many priorities, and work within the constraints posed by Army regulations and policies.
- Frequently interact with customers, end-users, and/or functional peer group managers.
- Ability to work as part of a team consisting of Government client, other contractors, and subcontractors, in geographically dispersed areas
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Translate application storyboards and use cases into functional applications
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Java code
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the applications
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
Required education and experience:
- Active Security Clearance at the Secret level
- Senior Software developer with 7+ years of experience
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or Engineering
- Strong working knowledge of the Spring Framework
- CompTIA Security+
- Java 8 OCA or Java 8 OCP
Highly desired skills:
- Working knowledge of Oracle Database
- Expertise in agile and scrum development cycles
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming
- Familiar with various design and architectural patterns
- Knowledge of web services and related technologies
- Familiarity with concepts of MVC, JDBC, and RESTful
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Experience with QA duties (usability testing, performance testing, automated testing, test scripts, test cases and test plans)
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Subversion and Git
- Familiarity with build tools such as Ant and Maven
- Familiarity with continuous integration
- Familiarity with the Atlassian Suite of tools
Physical Requirement(s): No Physical requirement needed for this position.
Min. Citizenship Status Required: US Citizen only
Location: Fort Knox, KY or Fort Carson, CO or Bethesda, MD
Working at DMI
DMI is a diverse, prosperous and rewarding place to work. We provide our employees with competitive benefits, educational assistance, and career growth opportunities. Every employee is valued for their talents and contributions. We all take pride in helping our customers achieve their goals, which in turn contributes to the overall success of the company.
The company does and will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals with disabilities and protected veterans, and to treat qualified individuals without discrimination on the basis of their physical or mental disability or veteran status. DMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Veterans/Disability.