Who are we, and what do we do?
At Corteva Agriscience, you will help us grow what’s next. No matter your role, you will be part of a team that is building the future of agriculture – leading breakthroughs in the innovation and application of science and technology that will better the lives of people all over the world and fuel the progress of humankind.
Grow what's next. Grow your future. Join our fast-paced Data Science and Informatics organization that is using leading edge technologies and design practices to accelerate Corteva Agriscience Research & Development. Corteva Agriscience is a global leader in providing seed, crop protection, software, and analytics solutions helping farmers meet global demand with economically successful and environmentally sustainable farming.
Data Science and Informatics (DSI) is a global function of Corteva R&D and aims to be the place where talented people come, stay, and do their best work to solve agricultural problems. We believe in and strive towards an inclusive culture that starts with a diverse workforce as the foundation for creativity, innovation, and collaboration. As a Senior Software Developer, you must be passionate and curious about leading edge software solutions, self-motivated and seek to work in a high energy, collaborative, and diverse team environment.
Note: while this position is aimed at being on campus in Johnston, Iowa, a remote candidate will be considered if required by local conditions or by the candidate's situation.
How will you help us grow? It matters to us, and it matters to you!
- Work with analysts to implement/optimize algorithms, libraries and software components that enable the Breeding organization to drive genetic gain.
- Collaborate with biostatisticians to implement and refine statistical algorithms for use in high-throughput analysis pipelines, applications and services.
- Collaborate with biostatisticians to test and validate statistical algorithms and software components.
- Collaborate with the domain architects and conduct reviews of the software architecture for any new projects.
- Work with other team members when required to brainstorm, troubleshoot and resolve issues related to application and platform development with guidance from stakeholders.
- Perform run and maintain tasks on algorithms, libraries and software components as required.
What expertise have you grown? What do you bring to the table?
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other science related field.
- At least 5+ years of relevant work experience.
- Excellent problem-solving skills using creative approaches.
- Ability to work effectively with cross-functional engineering teams and business partners.
- Hands-on experience with object-oriented languages.
- Background or interest in data analytics, statistics and mathematics.
- Background or interest in biology, genetics, or agriculture a plus.
Required Competencies – SKILLS REQUIRED
- Experience working with C/C++/Rust in Linux/Unix/Windows.
- Experience working with Python in Linux.
- Experience with delivering containerized solutions with AWS/Azure.
- Experience in developing applications or libraries in C#. (.NET/.NET Core) preferred but not required.
- Preferably working knowledge of web development technologies, but not required.
- Have a solid knowledge of common software design patterns and engineering practices.
- Experience with unit testing/mocking framework within Python and C/C++.
- Some working knowledge of relational databases and the ability to write SQL statements.
- Experience with Git or other distributed version control system (DVCS).
- Proven ability to learn and apply new technologies, programming techniques and languages.
- Ability to work independently and/or within groups.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and a desire to use them in a team environment.