Grow what's next. Grow your future. Join our fast-paced Data Science and Informatics organization that is using leading edge technologies and design practices to accelerate Corteva Agriscience Research & Development. Corteva Agriscience is a global leader in providing seed, crop protection, software, and analytics solutions helping farmers meet global demand with economically successful and environmentally sustainable farming.
Data Science and Informatics (DSI) is a global function of Corteva R&D and aims to be the place where talented people come, stay, and do their best work to solve agricultural problems. We believe in and strive towards an inclusive culture that starts with a diverse workforce as the foundation for creativity, innovation, and collaboration. As a Senior Software Developer, you must be passionate and curious about leading edge software solutions, self-motivated and seek to work in a high energy, collaborative, and diverse team environment.
Note: while this position is aimed at being on campus in Johnston, Iowa, a remote candidate will be considered if required by local conditions or by the candidate's situation.
Responsibilities - WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Work with analysts to develop desktop and batch applications that enable the Breeding organization to drive genetic gain.
- Collaborate with biostatisticians to implement and refine statistical models for use in high-throughput analysis pipelines.
- Work with the software architect to conduct architectural reviews for any new projects in the pipeline.
- Work with other team members when required to brainstorm, troubleshoot and resolve issues related to application and platform development with guidance from the team architect.
- Perform run and maintain tasks on the applications or platforms as required.
Key Qualifications - WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS or other science related field.
- At least 5+ years of relevant work experience.
- Possess excellent problem-solving skills using creative approaches.
- Ability to work effectively with cross-functional engineering teams and business partners.
- Hands-on experience with object-oriented languages
- Preferably working knowledge of web development technologies, but not required
- Background or interest in biology, genetics, or agriculture a plus.
Required Competencies – SKILLS REQUIRED
- Experience in developing applications or libraries in C#. (.NET/.NET Core).
- Experience working with C/C++ in a Linux/Unix environment preferred but not required.
- Experience with cloud computing with AWS/Azure/GCP preferred but not required.
- Have a solid knowledge of common software design patterns and engineering practices.
- Experience with unit testing/type mocking with NUnit, MSTest, FakeItEasy, Moq or any other framework.
- Experience working with NoSQL and/or relational databases and the ability to write T-SQL statements.
- Experience with Git or other distributed version control system (DVCS).
- Experience with WinForms a plus.