The self-motivated person who fills this position will be joining and contributing to a dynamic and determined team that will be assisting a local Northern California public sector client to successfully transform how they provide services to their respective clients. This digital transformation initiative will involve close collaboration with the client to architect, design, and develop a secure, user-centric, and mission-critical solution that will involve multiple teams that are organized to meet the client's needs through a fast-paced agile development approach. This initiative will have a lasting positive impact on enhancing the citizen experience.
You will have the opportunity to collaborate with colleagues in different groups to help in the development of this solution. This critical client initiative must integrate several complex components using modern and disparate technologies.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
FUTURE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Seeking Software Developers to help build and maintain a robust software suite for the State of California. The candidate will work closely with many internal and external groups to deliver software in an agile development environment.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE
• Minimum of 8 years’ experience in development of IT applications:
• Java is a must.
• Java web services development, and Java web applications/J2EE development are strongly preferred.
• REST web services would be preferred.
• AWS experience a nice to have.
o Excellent ability to capture business requirements and translate into technical solutions or features which add value and solve business challenges
• Advanced experience in the following areas:
o Systems integration in a complex technical and business environment
o DevOps experience leveraging appropriate processes and tools
o Object Oriented Development using open source and commonly used frameworks
o Design and development of secure systems (internal and external) leveraging leading practices (e.g., RESTful services)
o Experience with Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) approaches and Web Services / API designs
o Developing both front-end user experience components integrated with back-end processing components consistent with complex, mission critical systems
• Proficient in MS Office, specifically Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Experience contributing in all phases of the development lifecycle using agile methodologies
• Excellent oral and written communication skills:
o Ability to present to different levels of client stakeholders
o Experience in effective business writing to produce high-quality, client-facing documents
• Detail oriented with a proven commitment to producing high quality work
• Self-motivated with excellent planning experience that can work well independently and within a team environment
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS/NON-ESSENTIAL SKILLS REQUIRED
Hands-on experience in the following areas:
• Test-driven development (TDD), acceptance test-driven development (ATDD), and behavioral-driven development (BDD)
• JIRA or other Agile management tools
Position ID: J0418-0989