At CarMax we develop disruptive applications to drive the industry forward. Our team is building a new platform, a set of capabilities, to help build products that make it easier and faster for customers to sell their cars to CarMax. This platform is being built using the latest languages and tools including Azure and .Net. We need someone who has experience with .Net and Azure, wants to explore the challenges we’re facing and can recommend IT capabilities to improve our processes… Do you want to help?
The Fit and Finish:
Someone who is interested in learning new things, willing to reach out and find the right person to talk to, help solve tough problems, understands design patterns, and can help write a great application. What does this mean? We need someone who is willing to jump in and discover answers to problems and has the courage to ask for help or guidance. We need a team player who wants to grow your skills regularly and has a desire to continuously improve.
• Microsoft .Net (C#, MVC, Web API)
• RESTful services
• Entity Framework
• Continuous Integration & Deployment
• A desire to partner with smart people to design and implement great ideas
• The ability to see the system’s big picture and feel an ownership of its performance
• The empathy to consider how building an intuitive and maintainable set of APIs can make everyone’s job easier
• The initiative to jump in and help others, including taking a turn being on-call for a couple of weeks a year
• A passion to continuously improve your skills and mentor others
• The ability to communicate ideas to your peers
• 5 + years of application development experience required
• 4 year degree required; IT Course of Study preferred
• Azure and .Net Certifications Preferred (or desire to earn them)