You’ll work with other software engineers to define scalable cloud architectures and solution blueprints for given product and engineering initiatives and build foundational AWS infrastructure components of the architecture using Infrastructure-as-code (IaC).
You’ll use your problem-solving creativity to design, architect, and develop software components following the code quality and clean code principles.
You’ll be responsible for the set-up, maintenance and ongoing improvements of the cloud platform and actively troubleshoot any issues. You’ll collaborate with SMEs to improve resiliency, scalability, security, performance, and cost optimization.
This role requires interaction with a range of internal stakeholders, most often managing several moving parts simultaneously. Combined with the necessary technical skills, you must adapt to the constantly changing product dynamics while putting stakeholder needs first above all else.
THE IMPACT YOU WILL MAKE
- Drive the design, planning, and implementation of solutions, leveraging breadth and depth of knowledge across the entire project lifecycle.
- Agile mindset, pride in ownership, focus on delivering value, and collaborating with distributed team throughout the project lifecycle.
- Passionate about learning new tools/technologies and emerging architectures and how they can be leveraged to provide scalable and elegant platform solutions that can be leveraged by other teams in the firm to build business solutions.
- Combine your passion to solve problems, technical expertise, and collaboration skills to work with your colleagues to turn complex ideas into end-to-end solutions using the AWS services landscape.
- Develop perspective and thought-leadership in aligning business needs to innovative engineering solutions, establish best practices and mentor team members to operate as a best-in-class team.
- You will participate in discussions with the architecture team. You will decompose and translate requirements into standards based, “cloud first” designs which can be delivered incrementally.
- You will mentor junior members to build a knowledgeable and cohesive team, by participating in peer reviews and tracking deliverables of the agile teams.
- Must work efficiently and have an agile mindset. You are a self-starter, who can work autonomously in an agile process and deliver with agreed upon deadlines.
THE EXPERIENCE YOU BRING TO THE TEAM
- 5+ years of software development experience with expertise in Java 11 and above.
- Experience applying the latest Java features to build thread safe, high performing applications.
- Experience writing high-quality code with full automated unit test coverage (Junit, Mockito, etc.)
- Experience defining and applying design/coding standards, patterns, and quality metrics depending on the solution
- Working experience with various CI/CD systems and build tools (git, ant, maven, gradle, etc.)
- Working experience with data platforms (relational and/or NoSQL) and messaging technologies
- Working experience with Single Page Applications (Angular, React)
- Working experience with web-services and APIs (REST, SOAP)
- Strong OOPs, data structure, and algorithm knowledge
- Working experience with LINUX/UNIX environment and shell scripts
- Experience in microservices (Spring Boot) and automated integration testing
- Understanding & experience in API management, API documentation (e.g. OpenAPI, Swagger)
- Knowledge of containerization (Docker, AWS ECS, AWS EKS))
- Experience in TDD/BDD
- 1+ years of experience with cloud-native architecture, design, developing with AWS services
- Experience in AWS Infrastructure automation through scripting (Shell, Python, Java, Terraform, CloudFormation, CDK etc.).
- Make the system better over time. Work with application development, security engineering teams to deliver cloud infrastructure and services that meet defined SLAs and SLOs.
- Advanced degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related fields
- Industry certification preferred in Cloud and Containers - AWS, Azure, Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform
- Experience on containers, serverless and data pipeline technologies
- CI/CD practices, patterns, and tools (build, testing, deployment, monitoring) using BitBucket, GitLab etc.