The Personalized Email Tool enables the Digital Marketing team to send highly targeted and personalized marketing campaigns. As a Senior Software Developer, you will be a key contributor to enhance and support PET. In this role, you will participate in the architecture, design, development, testing and troubleshooting of the application. While this position is based in Burnaby, BC, you will interact with different teams (marketing, development, dev-ops, QA) located mostly across North America. As you gain more ownership, you will have the opportunity to grow to technical leadership and expand your role to other tools.
In this role you’ll:
- Implement new features in J2EE application.
- Support internal customers.
- Integrate application with other systems.
- Modularize application into separate services and help implement scalable, lasting technology solutions.
- Strive to deploy new features and updates on time.
- Remain up to date on all current best practices, trends, and industry developments.
- Identify potential challenges and bottlenecks in order to address them proactively.
Here’s what you bring:
- 5-7 years’ experience in J2EE development and application servers.
- Experience with SQL Databases.
- Experience with Object oriented design, Micro services, and Multi-threading.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Proactive and willing to take on different tasks.
What We Offer:
Our success is built on the drive and dedication of our people. As we grow around the globe, there will be many opportunities to advance your career – we’ve proven this throughout our 60+ years in business. And, we'll take care of you along the way. Here’s how:
- Base salary + paid overtime
- Comprehensive medical and dental benefits.
- RRSP and an Employee Share Plan, both with company match.
- Ongoing training, professional development and tuition reimbursement.
- A multi-award winning LEED gold certified facility, in an exceptional park-like setting, featuring:
- A subsidized, multi-award winning childcare centre.
- A subsidized cafeteria, dry cleaning services, and free parking.
- A workout facility, featuring advanced gym equipment, bike room, shower and changing facilities, and nutrition and fitness programs.
- Proximity to miles of Fraser River walking paths, plus shops, restaurants and services.