It's not just clich?. The heart of Billtrust is our people. Our executives know it, our co-workers believe it, and our clients recognize it. Billtrust is enjoying remarkable success with significant year-over-year growth over the past 15 years. And, we're transforming the industry with leading-edge technologies that enable us to deliver our payment cycle management solution from the cloud. Our team members not only drive that expansion, they benefit by it with empowerment and rewarding professional progress.
Billtrust: where talent and opportunity meet. Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History.
What you'll do
Billtrust is seeking a Senior Software Developer to join our Agile team tasked with designing, implementing and supporting software services for our next-generation Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) platform. In addition to developing new UX features and services, you will also help bring our codebase to a modern, testable, and maintainable platform while collaborating closely with Product, Quality, DevOps and other teams. You will serve as a senior member of this team as we build our platform leveraging microservices architecture, public cloud, and stream data processing.
- Work with an experienced team leveraging SCRUM techniques building web products
- Design and implement internal and external APIs
- Write automated unit tests using TDD and BDD techniques
- Design performant software with a DevOps mindset that will scale as our volumes increase
- Profile and measure software quality and performance as we continually improve our code base
- Perform code reviews and help mentor engineers on the team
What you'll bring to the team
- An attitude where no technical challenge is too great
- Ability to design and code responsive web applications utilizing Angular and Material
- Strong ability to design and implement REST APIs
- Strong ability to build services in C#/.NET Core and/or Node.js
- Expertise with TDD utilizing a unit test framework such as NUnit, Jasmine, Karma or similar
- Experience working on Amazon Web Services (AWS) as a platform and CI tooling desired
- Experience with Agile/SCRUM processes and techniques
- Demonstrated understanding of Linux and the command line
- Ability to communicate and collaborate cross-functionally, and work well with a team-oriented environment
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent experience)
What you'll get
- Competitive salary, stock options and 401(k) with company match: We appreciate our employees and we make sure they know it.
- Benefits: We offer full-time employees multiple healthcare packages, including free and low cost options.
- Open PTO: Work-life balance is important. We believe in giving our employees time to truly relax and recharge.
- Paid Parental Leave: To keep our employees and their families healthy.
- A Lively Culture: Ping-pong, bean bag toss, hackathons- we enjoy friendly competition.
- Casual Dress: Every day is "Casual Friday', we want you to be comfortable when you come to work.
- Minimal Bureaucracy: An entrepreneurial environment of ownership and accountability allows you to get work done.