As a Senior Developer for the Applications Development Team in Micron, you will be responsible for Architecture, Design, Development, and delivery of the inhouse complex web applications.
You will work in/with web-based software development teams in the creation of new web products, design of web apps, monitor and maintain production environments, and stay up to date on web development technologies and Software methodologies. You will collaborate with a team of internalprofessionals and external service providers operating, supporting, creating and developing technologies and content to meet the needs of the enterprise.
This position requires mentoring and providing technical direction and guidance to offshore teams and responsible for end to end app development including automated build, deploy, and testing.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Develop best in class interactive web application systems in a collaborative and creative environment focused on adding value to our customers and members.
- Support a large portfolio of web application development project requests as well as work with Business Analysts and ProjectManagers/Coordinators and other Developers to ensure projects are completed successfully and on time.
- Apply analytical thought processes to quickly understand technical challenges discovered during the life-cycle of the initiative; learn new technology concepts swiftly and comprehensively and effectively pass those technologies and concepts down to the team's software engineers.
- Be responsible for the code-review process and provide guidance on best coding practices, design patterns and design verification.
- Deliver technical specifications for major initiatives related to creating or updating web properties such as portals, setting back-end requirements, determining any integration issues and specifications, defining affected related systems.
- Suggest new technology and plug ins to improve efficiency.
- Stay plugged into emerging technologies/industry trends such as containers, cloud based deployments and apply them into operations and activities.
- Guide and mentor offshore technical teams (Taiwan and India).
- Have a deep understanding of Agile and DevOps development models and experience with Continuous Integration, Continuous Build and Continuous Deployment systems.
- Collaborate cross functional and distributed teams to understand the business requirements, provide architectures and designs to business problems.
- B.S. degree in: Management Information Systems (MIS), Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, Business or related field of study (equivalent experience considered).
- Minimum 8 years of software development experience in Web development techniques across multiple web-enabled devices like Desktop, mobile and tablet, including techniques like responsive/adaptive web development.
- Expert Level experience on C#, ASP.NET Framework/Core, Entity Framework.
- Expert level knowledge working in a RESTful API driven product.
- Expert level knowledge of software design patterns and Architectural patterns like MVC, MVVM and MVM.
- Experience with Test-Driven Development (TDD).
- Experience working with various repositories (TFS, GitHub), branching, merging and releasing hot fixes.
- Excellent troubleshooter. Able to take a problem and own it, breaking the issue down, asking for the right help as required and ultimately find a resolution.
- Excellent organizational skills and a demonstrated ability to multitask and manage time efficiently. Must be able to self-manage as well as work and collaborate with cross-functional groups.
- Outstanding communication skills.
- Experience in crafting clear, concise documentation for a multi-tier architectural model and to discuss technical matters effectively with business end users.
- A solid understanding of object-oriented design, client-server architecture, data algorithms and relational databases.
- Experience with Agile development using industry-standard SDLC methodologies.
- Flexibility/situational adaptability – love for learning new things.
- Strong oral and written communication.
- Customer focus with strong problem solving skills.
- Exceptional organization and delivery skills.
- An ability to operate in a fast paced, agile environment.
- Demonstrated bias towards innovation and new technologies and solutions.