Senior Software Developer
Currently, we are seeking a Senior Software Developer in Columbia, MD. The selected candidate must have an active clearance.
The Software Developer develops and configures systems specifications that address business requirements, processes, and that fit within architecture standards.
So what is required of a Senior Software Developer on a day to day basis? There are quite a myriad of tasks and responsibilities, such as:
- Being involved in planning of system and development deployment as well as responsible for meeting software compliance standards.
- Evaluating interface between hardware and software, operational requirements, and characteristics of overall system.
- Establishing and documenting system parameters and formats, ensures hardware and software systems compatibility, and coordinates and/or modifies system parameters in terms of existing and projected computer capacity and capabilities.
- Revises existing systems and tests functionality of the system to correct deficiencies and maintain more effective data handling, data integrity, conversion, input/output requirements, and storage.
- May document testing and maintenance of system updates, modifications, and configurations.
- May act as a liaison with other business functions
TOP SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Successful candidate must be able communicate with systems analysts, engineers and programmers to get information on project limitations, performance requirements and interfaces.
- Must be comfortable working in a fast paced, highly visible environment with the ability to work across branch and organizational lines.
- JQuery and PowerShell experience
- Database Management Solutions (Oracle)
- Experience utilizing web service
To qualify, you must also meet these basic qualifications:
- Active TS/SCI with Polygraph required at start
- One of the following DoD approved certifications is required to meet the category/level IAT-2 (DoD 8570) requirement for this position: Security+, GSEC, SSCP, CCNA-Security, CISA, CISSP (or Associate), CASP, GCIH, or GCED. **Training and Certification provided for applicants meeting the above requirements.**
- RequiredEducation & Experience: High School +9 years’ experience OR Associates + 7years’ experience OR Bachelors + 5 years’ experience OR Masters + 3 years’ experience OR Doctorate + 1 yearexperience.