The Senior Software Developer will create and support ASP.NET and Windows .NET applications for internal and external systems. The Senior Software Developer will be experienced with general development methodologies as well as the .NET platform for web and Windows development. The developer will work closely with Solution Architects and Product Managers to ensure projects meet the assigned goals and are delivered on time.
Demonstrates strong organizational skills along with excellent written and verbal communication skills; must be able to work on multiple tasks during the same time frame and meet deadlines with accuracy and efficiency; must be willing to work extended hours to meet project deadlines.
- Develop and implement the coding logic required by the design to meet customer needs
- Write and debug code
- Analyze problems
- Perform code review and unit tests
- Review subordinate team member’s solutions to ensure quality and maintenance of standards
- Follow the approved Software Development Life Cycle SOPs
- Document program functionality
- Provide guidance, mentoring and training to less-experienced programmers to improve productivity
- Assist in coordinating inter-departmental tasks when required
- Build releases for QA
- Business travel as directed by management and dictated by customer needs
- Other duties as assigned
- Should have an extensive knowledge of designing and programming complex applications.
- Good knowledge of relational database systems and a good understanding of networking and the complexities of distributed systems.
- Should also have the knowledge and skill required to make functional and supervisory decisions in the best interests of the department and organization and the ability to speak knowledgeably with both internal and external clients when required.
- Continue to develop a working knowledge of medical information and pharmacovigilance industry practices.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or comparable work experience within the industry is required.
- 10 + years' experience in C# and ASP.NET
- Experience with Agile and Test Driven Development methodologies
- Experience with ASP.NET MVC 3 or later, MVVM
- Experience with T-SQL and SQL Server technologies
- Experience debugging and analyzing code
- Experience with of LINQ
- Experience with of WCF, Restful Web Services, Web API
- Experience with coding patterns such as Repository and State patterns
- Strong understanding of SOLID Principles
- Good communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to recommend practical and effective solutions
- Ability to lead team members to ensure a high quality end product
- Strong troubleshooting skills – applicant must be able to determine the causes of complex problems
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience with Team Foundation Server