Senior Software Developer
Discover an exciting Career with Airgas! Airgas USA, LLC, an Air Liquide company, is the nation’s leading single-source supplier of gases, welding, and safety products. Known locally nationwide, our distribution network serves more than one million customers of all sizes with a broad offering of top-quality products and unmatched expertise. Airgas’ customer base includes but is not limited to: manufacturing, health care, construction, energy, hospitality, food service, and so on… Bring your competitive drive to Airgas and ability to work in a fast-paced, results oriented environment.
This person will be responsible for developing new web and mobile applications, as well as maintaining those that already exist. Responsibilities include defining customer and user requirements, systems analysis, design, build, test and implementation of mission critical systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develops, maintains and supports web & mobile applications.
- Develops test cases, conducts testing and documents test results.
- Assists with technical design and functional specifications for business applications, identifies user needs, analyzes options and alternatives, and evaluates functionality and integrity of applications.
- Assists in the day-to-day maintenance of internal websites. This involves a range of responsibilities such as updating document content, software development and conducting systems administration.
- Creates and maintains web pages on both Intranet and Internet sites.
- Utilizes various methods and processes to determine requirements and design formal solutions in response to those requirements.
- Prepares or assists in the preparation of project plans and resource projections for activities performed within the framework of a given project. This includes defining project scope as well as preparing work plans for the project.
- Prepares status reports and attends meetings.
- Recommends modifications to applications as appropriate.
- Makes presentations or conducts training on new or changed systems.
- Researches and tracks technical trends and products in software development.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer/Information Science, a numerate discipline or equivalent experience.
Required Length & Type of Experience:
- 4+ years web development experience using ASP.NET (C#).
- 2+ years Xamarin.Forms development (Xamarin.Native is a plus)
- Must have strong SQL programming skills including stored procedure development.
- Must have a thorough understanding of:
- Web development from basic HTML through advanced technologies.
- Relational Database Design.
- Use of Structured Methodology.
- Software development lifecycle.
- Programming, including database integration.
- Browsers and browser level compatibility issues.
- Principles of good web page design.
- Design constraints of the web (browser differences, palette issues and file sizes).
- Various web technologies in current use.
- Source code control – “version control”.
- Object Oriented development
- Unit Tests, Dependency Injection
- Web server technology, security and web statistics software.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to work independently and under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Must possess good problem solving skills.
- Must be able to interact well with all levels of management.
- Must be able to work well as a member of a team.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Must be able to translate business requirements and design concepts into intuitive web designs and applications.
- Ability to explain and discuss complex analysis and programming issues in a manner that can be understood by non-technical persons.
- Ability to analyze and define complex program structures.