Savannah River Remediation, an LLC of AECOM, is seeking a Senior IT Developer to be based in our Aiken, SC location.
Working independently or within a team, individual will analyze, develop, enhance and implement software solutions to support and improve business functions. Provides maintenance and technical support on existing software solutions. Works closely with the customer to develop efficient solutions to complex issues.
- Work with sytem owners and users to gather functional and technical requirements for business specific support applications
- Monitor, plan and recommend changes to allow systems to meet current and future growth
- Develop reports using Crystal Reports and/or otherreporting tools
- Evaluate vendor proposals for purchases of hardware, software, and technical services to assure adherence to technical specifications and site procedures
- Prepare long and short range plans for application and software selection, application and software roadmap, software sytems development, systems and infrastructure maintenance planning, production activities and for necessary support resources
- Ensure secure coding techniques are being used with all application development
- Ensure overall IT compliance with contract requirements
- Write user manuals
- Create Test Plans and perform system testing according to documented test plan
- Analyze, design, implement, and maintain IIS and Tomcat web servers
- Relocation benefits are available for this position
- Candidates with current Savannah River Remediation LLC experience will be given first consideration.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent field. A combination of education and experience can substitute for the degree
- Must have 6+ years of experience developing and implementing software with a primary focus on .Net or Java, analyzing and documenting requirements, and developing designs
- Due to the nature of work, candidate must be a US Citizen
- Extensive experience developing in C# using the Net framework
- Strong background using SQL to access and manipulate data in a relational database
- Experience with IIS web server administration
- Experience with Tomcat web server administration
- Experience developing reports with a reporting tool
- Experience in the development of secure web applications
- Experience and success in all phases of the software development lifecycle including requirements definition, systems design, programming, test plan development, testing, production turnover and documentation
- Familiarity with the Java development language with a general understanding of JSP and Servlets
- Current Savannah River Remediation, LLC experience is preferred.