Interested in Amazon Echo? Passionate about creating high quality code utilizing best practices? Come work on the Alexa Skills SDK team where we are building the SDK for Alexa Skill Developers, helping to spread innovation around voice interface and all new possibilities around it!
We are looking for passionate, hard-working, and talented library developers to innovate in building SDKs for developing Alexa Skills. You will have an enormous opportunity to make a large impact on the design, architecture, and implementation of next generation Alexa Skill SDK and help Alexa Skills developers extend their skills to utilize new features continuously in this quickly developing area.
· Responsible for the development and maintenance of key library features
· Will work with other team members to investigate design approaches, prototype new technology and evaluate technical feasibility.
· Will work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software against aggressive schedules.
· Will establish architectural principles, select design patterns and then mentor team members on their appropriate application
· Will create high code quality and use best industry practices in class library usability to provide Alexa Skill Developers with best possible experience.
· BS in Computer Science or equivalent
· 8+ years professional experience in software development
· Experience driving high-level product requirements into successful products through solid software architectures, engineering design and implementation.
· Understanding of scalable computing systems, software architecture, data structures, and algorithms
· Development experience in creating SDKs or libraries used by other developers, internal or external
· Development experience defining, developing and maintaining REST based interfaces.
· Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts.
· Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
· Ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment
· Knowledge of software design patterns and their application across multiple programming languages
· Participation in open source projects
· Extreme focus on creating high quality code and best practices in one or more programming languages
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Strong analytical skills, with excellent problem solving abilities
Job ID: 662704