As a Senior Software Design Engineer, for the John Deere Electronic Solutions Group (JDES-Fargo), you will join as a Product Owner/Project lead for an enterprise Architecture Runway Team developing strategies, guidelines, analysis, workflow, architecture, proof of concept, and requirement development focusing on AUTOSAR based solutions for diverse global product line teams.
In addition, you will:
- Lead the enterprise global Runway agile team and be responsible for planning, coordination, execution, communication, risk management and delivery for AUTOSAR programs as a software program manager with minimal supervision
- Work with team member in a collaborative environment using Agile methodologies to deliver high quality solutions meeting delivery and cost goals with minimal supervision.
- Ensure feature delivery priorities and milestones are aligned with across functional team of stakeholders including ecosystem stakeholders and meet the deliverables and expectations with high quality software work products utilizing software development processes
- Communicate the project status periodically to stakeholders, seek proactive feedback and implement continuous improvement
- Perform advanced analysis and make recommendations and design decisions based on results with minimal assistance from others-
- Critically review architecture, design, code, test suites, documentation of others to ensure proper application of best practices, coverage and traceability followed.
- Travel as needed domestically and internationally to accomplish the tasks required of this position
VISA Sponsorship is available for this position.
What Skills You Need
- 5 or more years of experience embedded software development for 32/16 bit microcontrollers, C/C++, Complier, assembler and linker locator tool chains
- 1 or more year of experience as a product owner or project lead or relating to project planning and execution
- 1 or more year of experience of Agile methodology and using tools and automation
- 5 or more years of experience with microcontrollers, ARMs, DSPs, and/or PSoCs, and various peripherals
- Understanding of Real-Time Operating System concepts, task schedulers, and application development
- Development and debugging tools (e.g. source level debuggers, oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, multi-meters, etc.)
- Knowledge of software development life cycle or all phases of product development including requirements management, architecture development, design, coding, testing
- Good written and verbal communication skills (English)
What Makes You Stand Out
Other areas of experience or interest that will help us place you on the right team include:
- Experience configuring various AUTOSAR BSW stacks and services
- Experience using Vector tool chain, such as: PREEVision, DaVinci tool suite, CANdelaStudio, etc.
- Experience with AUTOSAR standard and/or architecture
- Experience with communication networks (e.g. CAN, LIN, Ethernet, SPI etc.) and communication protocols (e.g. J1939, ISO11783, UDS, XCP, TCP/IP etc.)
- Understanding of global culture
- Advance degree or certification
Education (or equivalent work experience)
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer or Science