KATERRA exists to help transform construction through technology—every process and every product.
We provide end-to-end building services, creating new efficiencies between design, engineering, construction, project management, and more. Our integrated teams apply the principles of technology and manufacturing to the building industry, bringing fresh minds and innovative approaches to remove unnecessary time and costs from construction projects.
At KATERRA, we lead from every seat. Our ideal team members are self-starters that embrace ambiguity, think big, and bring their own uncompromising standards of excellence.
One of KATERRA's cultural principles is Diversity. We believe different backgrounds, ideas, and skillsets result in better outcomes. KATERRA does not discriminate in employment based on race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, sexual orientation, or gender identity. KATERRA encourages people of all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, immigrants, refugees, women, LGBTQIA, people with disabilities, veterans and those with diverse life experiences.
Senior Software Cloud Engineer
The incumbent for this role will be versatile, display leadership qualities, work horizontally across our organization, and is enthusiastic totackle new problems as we continue to push the building industry forward.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for designing and implementing enterprise infrastructure, platforms, and end user applications for cloud computing environments.
- Analyze system requirements and ensure that systems are securely integrated with current applications.
- Contribute to moderately complex aspects of a project working independently and collaboratively with the team.
Required Skills & Experience
- BS degree in Computer Science is required.
- 4-7 years of experience with system development in cloud environments, including Software as a Service (SaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), or Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS).
- 5+ years of experience in architecture, design, implementation, and/or support of highly distributed applications; having an architectural sense for ensuring availability, reliability, etc.
- 3+ years of experience in building cloud applications.
- Hands-on experience with AWS, Angular, React, Node, Java, REST, and Go.
- Deep understanding of cloud computing technologies, business drivers, and emerging computing trends.
- Proven track record of driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts, and ensuring follow through.
- Problem-solving mentality leveraging internal and/or external resources, where and when needed, to do what's right for the customer and for the organization.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to connect technology with measurable business value.
- Demonstrated technical thought leadership in customer facing situations.
- Demonstrated ability to deploy workloads on public cloud