IBM Research is seeking a Senior Software Architect to lead an effort for a radical new supercomputing system.
This position is located at the T. J. Watson Research Center in Yorktown Heights, NY. You will work with a system architect and a diverse team of senior software engineers, hardware engineers, and physicists to design and build a large-scale software system to support a revolutionary hardware platform. Experience with supercomputer systems, how they are used, and how they are designed, both in hardware and software is a requirement.
Master's degree in Computer Science or a related area is required. U.S. Citizenship is required.
The World is Our Laboratory: No matter where discovery takes place, IBM researchers push the boundaries of science, technology and business to make the world work better. IBM Research is a global community of forward-thinkers working towards a common goal: progress.
State / Province
City / Township / Village
IBM Business Group
Primary job category
Secondary Job Category
Role ( Job Role )
New Collar Role
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Proven background in mathematics or physics
- At least 10 years experience developing system and application software for advanced supercomputers including networking, distributed processing, and database
- Expertise and extended experience working with Unix or Unix-like systems (BSD, Linux, AIX, etc.)
- At least 10 years experienceleading and directing a team of experienced and senior software engineers
- 10 years experience in C/C++
- At least 5 years experience in System level programming
- 10 years experienceleading, preparing, and delivering briefings and technical presentations to senior management, executives, customers, and government officials.
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
- 2 years experience in Python
- Proficient with Microsoft office products such as PowerPoint, Excel, Word and Project
- Working knowledge of LaTeX
- Technical, analytical, and have demonstrated interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills