Dana is a global leader in the supply of highly engineered driveline, sealing, and thermal-management technologies that improve the efficiency and performance of vehicles with both conventional and alternative-energy powertrains. Serving three primary markets – passenger vehicle, commercial truck, and off-highway equipment – Dana provides the world's original-equipment manufacturers and the aftermarket with local product and service support through a network of nearly 100 engineering, manufacturing, and distribution facilities.
Software Architect is a hybrid function whose primary purpose is to design and develop software architecture and detailed designs for software control systems spanning across Inverters, Transmission, and Vehicle control unit and includes reviewing implementation and validation for agreed upon Software Architecture to ensure traceability between Requirements, Design and Testing. The successful candidate will be responsible for creating software architecture with all relevant modules and interfaces, perform dynamic behavior, configuration of memory map among other relevant tasks.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design and Develop Software Architecture (Base and Application) for Electrification Systems using Model-based software.
- Create control documentation and software requirements as per the Software Architecture.
- Create/Maintain Detailed Design for Platform Software Modules
- Review Software Verification and Validation procedures for Software Architecture
- Support Platform based Application Program(s) Software Architecture Design and Reviews
- Developing automotive software solutions in an Agile development practice with Test Driven Development
- Work on cross-functional teams, collaborate and effectively communicate within your development team
- Work on special projects as assigned
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Software Engineering, Control Systems or related field required. Master’s Degree preferred
- Minimum 7 – 10 years of experience of vehicle electrification or related Automotive domain.
- Expertise in embedded software development at various levels of software architecture
- Experience in the automotive industry; focus on embedded software development
- Experience with Functional Safety and ASPICE, a must.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to build relationships with all functions and levels across the organization
- Multicore software development or system design experience in automotive (preferred)
- AGILE/SAFe development experience (preferred)
- Control related training or certifications (preferred)
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Strong MATLAB and Simulink and Enterprise Architect knowledge
- Strong control knowledge of control theory and PID implementation
- Strong interpersonal skills to work with people at all levels within and outside Dana in a professional manner.
- Ability to multi-task effectively on projects and assignments
- Ability to work effectively under pressure in order to meet deadlines and goals
- A team player, who is both flexible and creative in their approach to problem-solving
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills required in English.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.