Join CGI’s dynamic team charged with developing and modernizing the IT systems for a Federal agency that helps make affordable housing a reality for millions of Americans. Bring your talent to a brand new opportunity to help the federal government modernize a suite of applications in the mortgage backed securities market.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will work with clients and stakeholders to analyze business and enterprise requirements, participate in strategic design and architectural decisions, and draft design documents and oversee code development (and in some cases write code) to create new applications. This senior position is a great way to support a vital Federal mission and join CGI, a premier systems integrator and application development firm.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Architect software design for an integrated suite of applications that will be modernized.
• Architect/design software using modern code such as Java, Node.Js, microservices, etc.
• Draft software design documents with adequate notation
• May oversee programmers for development tasks
• Apply principles and techniques of multiple domain analysis.
• Work with project manager and chief architect to design overall software system architecture and design a set of Agile sprint sessions to accomplish work in phases
• Reverse engineer or work with business analysts to extract business logic of existing legacy software systems such as FoxPro and Cobol in order to design
• Research, design, develop, and test at software.
• Set operational specifications and formulate and analyze software requirements.
• May design embedded systems software.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
This is senior position with a minimum of 9 years of relevant technical experience required along with a bachelor's degree. Sixteen years of experience can be substituted for the bachelors degree. Only 7 years of experience are needed with a relevant Masters degree. Successful candidates will possess:
• Knowledge of development languages, such as Java and Node.js, and other application frameworks, techniques, and tools
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Good time management and organizational skills
• Ability to work on challenging issues independently or in a team environment
• Ability to learn and adapt quickly to new technologies and environments
• Experience with Agile and DevOps preferred
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues toaccelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Position ID: J0419-1431