We are looking for Senior SOA Java Developer for our client in Columbia, SC
Job Title: Senior SOA Java Developer
Job Location: Columbia, SC
Job Type: Contract – 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
- The Replacement Medicaid Management Information System (MMIS) project is one of the largest IT projects.
- It is a multi-year effort to replace the aging MMIS and related applications with more modern capabilities along with corresponding business operations services.
Daily Duties / Responsibilities:
- The Senior SOA Java Developer will support the Enterprise Services organization by designing and developing complex SOA solutions in two key areas:
- Platform Services
- The Platform Services division is responsible for implementing the platforms and systems to establish key technology capabilities for all Enterprise Architecture components including the Portal, Integration Hub, and Enterprise Data Services.
- The Senior SOA Java Developer will be responsible for designing and developing interoperability solutions that focus on standards-based integrations.
- Development Operations
- The Development Operations division is responsible for developing solutions to support the integration of agency components with the Enterprise Architecture and Replacement MMIS systems including business and data services such as Provider, Eligibility, Claims, Encounters, and Payment subsystems. The Senior SOA Java Developer will be responsible for designing and developing software solutions that focus on standards-based features and capabilities.
- Solutions will use Java EE frameworks utilizing a mix of open source and Commercial-off-the-Shelf platforms.
- This position requires knowledge and experience with these environments as well as experience in detailed requirements analysis, software design and development, testing, and deployment.
- Creation of the associated artifacts and the communication skills to clearly articulate the goal of the development and the tradeoffs for solution selection are critically important.
- Looking for candidates with a broad set of technology skills to be able to design and build robust solutions on a complex Medicaid engagement which includes scaling component solutions and operational data stores.
- In this role, candidate will support the Enterprise Services organization for solution design and development utilizing Enterprise Architecture standards, Software Engineering best practices, and SOA component principles.
- Role-based security permissions for protection of Medicaid data is also a feature that must be defined and implemented as a part of solutions.
- Design and develop platform and software solutions using the Technology Product Portfolio (TPP) which includes:
- Liferay DXP
- Oracle WebLogic Application Server
- Oracle SOA Suite
- Oracle Fusion Middleware
- Oracle B2B
- MarkLogic NoSQL Server
- Oracle Database Server
- Gitlab Enterprise
- Design and develop platform and software solutions to meet Technical Reference Architecture (TRA) standards including:
- Identity and Access Management
- Identity Federation Standards (SAML, OAuth)
- Application Platform Integration
- Service Oriented Architecture
- Managed File Transfer
- Enterprise Document Management
- Enterprise Service Bus
- Web Services
- Electronic Data Interchange
- Enterprise Data Services
- Enterprise Data Management Pipeline
- Master Data Management
- Participate in the assessment of current and emerging technology with a focus on technology capabilities and impact to solution architecture;
- Participate in project teams consisting of technical and project manager(s), and development leads for design, development, implementation and integration of a robust Medicaid Enterprise System;
- Ensure that component planning/activities are aligned with the integration strategy;
- Collaborate with project managers, business analysts and subject matter experts on the Medicaid Enterprise System component requirements of the replacement MMIS projects;
- Collaborate with agency staff and vendors on the implementation requirements solution integrations for the replacement MMIS.
- Experience in designing and developing complex enterprise solutions within a service oriented architecture with specific experience including:
- Design and development of SOA BPEL composites
- Demonstrable experience with JMS publish/subscribe model
- Design and development web services using SOA Suite JCA Adapters, XML (XSLT, XPath, XQuery etc.) and JAVA/JAVA Script, CSS3; HTML5
- Development of unit and integration test scripts (using tools such as SOAP-UI Test Suite, ANT and JUnit) and provide support during user acceptance testing
- Experience in Web Services technologies (XML, SOAP, WSDL, XSD, UDDI, REST)
- Experience with SOA / Web Services lifecycle (design, build, test, deploy)
- Experience with Java Frameworks such as Apache or Spring
- Understanding of UNIX and Windows OS scripting environments
- Knowledge of cloud platforms and environments
- Exposure to in Agile Methodologies, SCRUMpreferred
- Familiar with Rules engines such as JBOSS Drools or Wso2
- Demonstrable competence in programming and shell scripting.
- Heavy experience in integration of Java components into large scale distributed applications – including control and management of changes
Required Skills (Rank In Order Of Importance):
- Experience with high-performance, open source web technologies
- Experience in developing web application for heavy volume sites
- Experience with Oracle SQL
- Knowledge of the HIPAA X12 transactions
- Knowledge of networking protocols, including TCP/IP, HTTP, NTP, DNS, MLLP, NDM
- Release management experience
- Experience with multi-business unit integrations
- Experience with workflow management systems
- Strong communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Able to work independently and provide updates to management
- Strong analytical and PROBLEM-SOLVING capabilities
- Excellent PROBLEM-SOLVING skills; proven teamwork and communication skills
- Experience delivering end-to-end solutions
Preferred Skills (Rank In Order Of Importance)
- Prior experience working in areas of emerging technology and driving new points of view and capabilities.
- Experience with defining and creating highly functional designs and coding in a fast-paced evolving environment.
- Experience in robust development ensuring low defect products and the ability to articulate the design and implementation details in a way that is clearly understandable across a wide range of personnel with differing backgrounds and levels.
- Solid testing and validation skills and understanding of simulated data
- Prior experience in development methodologies (waterfall, agile, etc), enterprise planning, and estimation
- Demonstrated teamwork and collaboration in a professional setting
- Self-starter, with a keen interest in technology and highly motivated towards success
- Must show initiative and desire to learn business and technology subjects
- Public Sector/Gov’t ExperiencePreferred
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Technical Science or equivalent experience