As the lead BMS Consultant, you will build a staff, coordinate the execution of all instrumentation and controls support activities, and maintain internal and external client satisfaction. You will be responsible for managing assigned project team members as they prepare controls design drawings and integrated systems specifications for Aviation, Critical Facilities, Financial, Healthcare, Pharmaceutical, and various other markets the firm is active within.
The position might require travel to sites throughout the US and provide the opportunity to interface directly with internal clients at other Syska offices and client personnel at state-of-the-art facilities.
- Prepare drawings, specifications and perform system design calculations
- Select equipment for use in building systems and write reports
- Assist clients in vendor leveling/selection/procurement of “best of breed” solutions
- Attend project meetings while Interfacing with clients and contractors
- Interface with internal PICs, PMs, site leaders, and practice area leaders
- Closely work with the mechanical, electrical and plumbing project design team
- Manage quality control and resource management
- Support business development activities and client relationship management
- Financial management of projects assigned to you
- Develop and maintain up-to-date BMS processes and standards
- Performance management of direct team reports
- Leading hiring activities while collaborating with leadership
We are looking for a Lead BMS consultant who can oversee all efforts for the clients, demonstrating an understanding of owner/client big-picture business strategies and revenue goals, as well as the ability to foresee challenges. To succeed in this role, your technical expertise must be complemented by self-motivation, relationship building skills, effective communication skills, and the ability to effectively work in a fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate will have experience in BMS/EPMS/DCIM/SCADA systems design, implementation, and operations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering preferred (exceptional candidates may substitute significant years of experience, including on-site facilities management of large integrated BMS/EPMS/DCIM/SCADA systems)
- 7+ years’ experience working in the Controls and Instrumentation Industry as a Consultant, Contractor or Client Facility Manager
- Thorough knowledge of HVAC/electrical instrumentation design and building control sequence of operations
- Knowledge of building IT infrastructure and the basic understanding of other low voltage technologies including security systems, lighting control systems, and fire alarm systems
- Understanding of smart building technology convergence and low-voltage sub-system integration for IT and parallel OT network Infrastructure design
- Knowledge of Building Analytical Software platforms, rules, formulas, dashboards to identify anomalies and energy conservation measures for specifying and designing smart commercial and industrial facilities.
- Effective team player; ability to work independently or in a team environment
- Excellent organization skills, with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Candidate with good communication skills and recent industry publications (Presentations, Webinars, Trade Publications), a plus
- Registered Professional Engineer (PE), a plus but not a requirement
- Active involvement with ASHRAE, CABA and other organizations, a plus