Ogletree Deakins is one of the largest labor and employment law firms representing management in all types of employment-related legal matters. The firm has 850 lawyers located in 52 offices across the United States, Canada, Europe and Mexico. Ogletree Deakins has been named a Law Firm of the Year six consecutive years by U.S. News – Best Lawyers® “Best Law Firms.” In 2017, the publication named Ogletree Deakins its “Law Firm of the Year” in the Labor Law - Management category. In addition to handling labor and employment law matters, the firm has thriving practices focused on business immigration, employee benefits, and workplace safety and health law. Ogletree Deakins represents a diverse range of clients, from small businesses to Fortune 50 companies.
Our expanding Technology Department has an opportunity for a Senior Skype for Business Voice Engineer. This position will ideally be in our Greenville, SC administrative headquarters but can also be in one of the following offices: Raleigh, NC; Atlanta, GA; Birmingham, AL; Indianapolis, IN; Dallas, TX; Chicago, IL; Kansas City, MO; St. Louis, MO; Phoenix, AZ; Los Angeles, CA; San Francisco, CA; or our New York City, NY location.
We are fully committed to the importance of diversity within the legal profession, as well as all workplace environments and strongly encourage the interest of diverse candidates in the firm.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Summary of Position:
The Senior Skype for Business Voice Engineer position will report to the Telecommunication Manager, and is responsible for implementation and management of network solutions in support of strategic business initiatives.
These are the essential functions of the position. Successful job applicants will be able to perform these essential functions with or without requested reasonable accommodations:
- Deploy Skype for Business 2016
- Design and implement SIP trunking with existing Skype infrastructure
- Implement ATP, ATA
- Develop appropriate communications and training plans and supporting full enterprise Skype deployment and documentation
- Work with project managers and peers to understand and solve challenging technical problems, produce effort estimates, and improve system functionality, reliability and reduce costs.
- Work closely with a Business Technology peers and management emphasizing collaboration and joint effort to ensure that the needs and expectations of organizational stake holders, business partners, external customers, and third party organizations are met and/or exceeded.
- Transfer knowledge via documentation and training to Business Technology resources.
- Responsible for engineering, developing, deploying, and maintaining business critical systems in the area of technical expertise including hands on solution development and implementation experience
- Ability to impact and influence stakeholders and drive alignment on standard global technology solutions.
- Responsible for establishing new standards for quality, performance or productivity
- 5+ years of systems engineeringexperience
- Bachelor’s Degree in technology related field of study from an accredited college or university
- CCNA, MCITP, MCSA, MCSE-Communications, MCSA, MCTS certification
- Experience with Microsoft Skype for Business 2016
- Law firm or legal department experience
- Minimum of 5+ years IT experience managing deployment of technology components in a specific technical discipline: clients, servers, storage, web platforms, database platforms, security, networks, or communications ideally with a mix of skills that include technical architectures, engineering and operations experience
- Ability to impact and influence stakeholders and drive alignment on standard global technology solutions
- Hands-on experience installing, troubleshooting and operating Unified Communications technologies
- Experienced using PowerShell scripting to solve problems or enhance systems
- Expert experience with systems administration processes, duties, tasks, and procedures for all networkinfrastructure hardware and software
- Expert experiencetroubleshooting, diagnosing, and problem solving skills in a stressful, fast paced environment
- Ability to establish new standards for quality, performance or productivity
- Expert experience with remote office disaster recovery and high availability strategies
- Highly experienced infrastructure monitoring methodologies and solutions
- Highly experienced with information systems security knowledge and experience
- Team Player with proven leadership, communication, organizational, and strong interpersonal skills. The role requires significant interaction with many different teams, internal employees, contractors, managers, 3rd parties, and customers
- Self-Motivated and ability to perform at a high level of effectiveness with high attention to detail in a fast pace environment
- Be willing to travel to remote locations when needed, even at a moments notice
- Must be willing to work extended hours, nights, weekends, and rotating on-call duties to ensure the network is up and running at optimal levels at all times.