The Senior Site Safety & Health Specialist is responsible for leading and implementing project specific safety policies and procedures and provide professional Safety & Health leadership to the project management team in a heavy construction environment.
- Administer the Safety & Health programs on field construction projects to verify operations are executed as planned and conducted in a safe manner.
- Manage the Site Safety & Health program deliverables as defined by the Corporate Safety & Health Department of Burns & McDonnell while responding to questions and/or concerns related to site specific safety and health compliance issues in a timely manner.
- Manage compliance with applicable Local, State, and Federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) rules and regulations.
- Manage Safety & Health programs in order to achieve and maintain the company goal of zero safety incidents.
- Conduct regular health and safety performance reviews, assessments and complete documentation to verify that locations are in compliance with Corporate and regulatory requirements.
- Manage and resolve actions causing a work stoppage when circumstances could result in immediate danger to life and health on a project.
- Report and present work stoppage issues to the project management team and collaborate with the team to develop practices to prevent future work stoppage situations.
- Consult with site personnel on Burns & McDonnell's Safety & Health issues and recommend best practices.
- Assess Safety & Health issues and opportunities at the project site, before the work begins and implement corrective action based on policies, guidelines and procedures for resolution.
- Manage the on-site Safety & Health program directly with the client Safety & Health Department to ensure collaboration on any site safety & health issues, coordination of preventative measures, and building working relationships with project staff and each subcontractor safety representative to ensure proper compliance is maintained.
- Manage project Safety & Health walk-through assessments. Review all assessment findings with appropriate parties. Follow up by documenting the items which require immediate correction and ensure that these items are corrected in a timely manner.
- Compile memos relative to safety, including assisting Site Management with correspondence to heighten safety awareness, project safety and health goals and ensure a safe and productive work environment is a priority among all project personnel.
- Lead, conduct, validate, and document training on Safety & Health subjects as applicable to the work being conducted.
- Review near miss, property damage, environmental incidents and accident investigation reports. Recommend countermeasures as appropriate.
- Recommend solutions to Corporate Safety & Health regarding the Project Safety & Health Program challenges, objectives, and progress; ensuring high level of communication.
- Responsible for the completion of Burns & McDonnell Daily Field Safety & Health Report forms, maintain all required safety records in an audit ready state and submit all documentation as required to Corporate Safety & Health.
- Drive to various project site locations.
- All other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Occupational Health and Safety, Engineering, or Construction Management. Applicable experience may be substituted for the degree requirement.
- A minimum of 12 years of safety experience in a construction field environment.
- Expert knowledge of Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA), Construction and General Industry, America National Standards Institution (ANSI), National Institute for Occupational Safety & Health (NIOSH), Army Corps of Engineers (CoE), Engineers Manual 385-1 and National Electrical Code (NEC), Standards.
- Completion of OSHA 10 and/or 30 Hour Outreach Construction Course.
- Must have expert proficiency in the use of computer software (i.e., Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to present and teach safety concepts and classes.
- Must be willing to work various schedules at the project site location.
- Valid driver's license required. In addition, must meet standards to qualify for and maintain the Company's vehicle driving privileges as outlined in the Company's Motor Vehicle Safety Policy.
Yes, 100 % of the Time