SportsEngine has an exciting new opportunity for a Senior Site Reliability Engineer to join our Platform Operations team. This position spans multiple skill sets, from Software Developer to Linux System Administrator to Database Administrator. We embrace the DevOps movement through fostering a culture of cooperation and coordination between Development and Operations that results in delivering and maintaining high quality software through continuous improvement. This may be the perfect role for you if you have significant knowledge and experience with one or more of the following: Infrastructure as Code, Information Security, Database Administration, Amazon Web Services, ReleaseEngineering, Networking, Resilience Engineering, Performance Engineering.
Each day, hundreds of thousands of volunteer coaches, directors, and managers positively impact the lives of millions of athletes through Sports. In addition to teaching them about their sports, they also impact their lives by teaching them life long values of working hard, being honorable, and treating each other like family.
At SportsEngine, our mission is to help make these volunteer's lives easier by building world-class technology solutions to help them spend less time running their organization and more time putting smiles on the faces of these athletes. To us, they are heroes.
We're looking for people who not only believe in our mission, but have a passion for craftsmanship. We're one of Minnesota's Top 100 Companies to Work For, provide only the best facilities and equipment, offer competitive pay, great benefits, and the opportunity to go home each night knowing you truly made a difference in the lives of sports volunteers around the world.
As a Senior member of the Platform Operations team at SportsEngine, you will......
- Ensure the SportsEngine platform is up and running smoothly while serving a large amount of traffic
- Use Amazon Web Services to build highly available services for the SportsEngine platform
- Foster a culture of cooperation, coordination and continuous learning by embracing DevOps
- Lead others in the completion of complex tasks
- Be actively involved in discussions, activities and meetings with development teams regarding the operational architecture of our platform
- Leads incident response coordination and facilitates postmortem discussions
- Build and maintain Chef cookbooks to automatically provision EC2 instances
- Maintain and improve the security of the SportsEngine Platform
- Create tools that increase the productivity of our Development team
- Improve our Development Pipeline as we continuously deliver value to our customers
- Use and build tools to monitor the health of the SportsEngine platform
- Be an advocate for quality code and quality engineering
- Join the 24x7on-call rotation