MemSQL is seeking a Senior Site Reliability Engineer to help drive our Kubernetes product strategy surrounding our managed service. You will be at the forefront; crafting the design, building out the collaborated vision, and sustaining your envisioned product strategy.
This role will be an integral part of building our managed service product line, and influencing future direction of the organization. As a technical leader in the space you will collaborate with the entire engineering team guiding decisions critical to both team and company success.
Role and Responsibilities
- Help MemSQL craft its production container orchestration strategy.
- Design, build, and run elastic Kubernetes clusters across on-prem, AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud environments.
- Experience designing systems for peak reliability, scalability, and performance.
- Efficiently operate within a data center environment; monitoring performance and health of hardware and software, installing new servers, and upgrading as needed
- Participate in a SLA-driven on-call rotation, which will include after-hours, weekend, and rotating holiday participation.
Required Skills and Experience
- Expert-level knowledge of Kubernetes and the container ecosystem.
- Strong working knowledge of configuration management tools such as Ansible and Puppet.
- Experience with Unix/Linux operating systems internals and administration (e.g., filesystems, inodes, system calls) and networking (e.g., TCP/IP, routing, network topologies and hardware, SDN) and a keen interest in relational databases.
- Familiar with at least one of AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud.
- Experience debugging, diagnosing and troubleshooting complex, production software.
- C, Python, POSIX shell programming experience required. Experience with C++ / Go are a strong plus.
- Familiarity with JunOS, routing protocols (BGP), IPSec and Ceph storage a plus.
- B.S. Degree in Computer Science or related field