As the Senior Site Reliability Engineer (DevOps) at Minted, you will have the opportunity to drive the transformation of our infrastructure and take continuous delivery to the next level. Our team maintains and scales the cloud infrastructure for our rapidly growing e-commerce marketplace. You will be working closely with the architects and principal engineers at Minted to develop and deploy secure, highly available and scalable web services. This is a phenomenal role for someone who believes in building automation, driving simplification and crafting an impressive, five nines culture.
As the Senior Site Reliability Engineer, you will:
- Automate all the things - Vagrant/Docker for developers, continuous integration, auto-scaling, monitoring and alerting, and probably a whole lot more
- Make developers happy - by automating everything and providing transparency deeper down the stack in all environments, developers will shower you with love (the part of love shall be played by animated gifs and imaginary chat room points)
- Improve & refine support systems to help our developers build more robust applications
- Develop, test, and implement our configuration management system to fully automate our infrastructure
- Contribute to the design and improvement of our software delivery processes and toolchains
- Continuously improve system tooling and metrics
We are looking for:
- 5+ years of experience in a Linux or similar operations environment
- Strong programming and scriptingexperience in multiple languages such as Python, Ruby, Bash, Shell, Perl, etc.
- A passion for making everything repeatable and automated
- Willingness to cross over into the app stack - we don’t believe in silos
- Experience with configuration management - the particular system is not important, but we use Puppet
- A love for documentation, and a passion to leaving things better than how you found them