The Senior Network Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) is responsible for cloud infrastructure services automation and integration development. The Senior Network SRE work assignments involve moderately complex to complex issues where the analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Ideally, candidates should have experience with both testing and deploying SDN management and control plane software/automation.
Humana is seeking a Senior Network SRE who will engineer solutions to support the future underlay fabric for the enterprise. This is an exciting opportunity for forward-looking technology leaders to make key contributions to the evolution and transformation of the company’s networks toward next-generation technologies. This is a critical role within Humana’s IT organization responsible for the engineering and design, planning, implementation, and establishment of operational and maintenance programs to deliver best-in-class next generation networkinfrastructure. This includes optimizing all aspects of network eco-system, including performance, resiliency, availability, resource utilization and innovation. This person will drive the automation/orchestration development and deployments across our SDI and other cloud-based environments. This person will be responsible for leveraging state-of-the-art technologies, including virtualization and software-defined networking (SDN), to develop and deliver a robust, scalable, network eco-system. He/she will work with various leaders across the enterprise to coordinate network solutions to meet challenges of technology, regulatory, security, and competitive conditions.
The scope will include one or more of the following areas of concentration:
- Owning end-to-end availability and performance of mission critical services and building automation to prevent problem recurrence; automating response to all non-exceptional service conditions.
- Managing the migration of applications from legacy datacenter to software-defined environment.
- Building automated pipelines using AureDevOps, ServiceNow, Puppet, and Ansible to spin up and configure infrastructure.
- Identifying opportunities to improve current platform: enhancing current tool chain or identifying new tools to POC.
- Looking for ways to reduce manual processes by replacing with automation.
- Driving adoption and defining best practices for DevOps tools.
- Working closely with teams to identify their requirements and resolve any issues.
- Redefining governance models around the automation tools that allow for their use throughout the enterprise.
- Building automation to deliver metrics reports.
- Documenting common processes to enhance the user experience and administration of the tool.
- Managing the ticket queue by providing efficient assistance to the end user.
- Communicating continuously with management and peers about the status and progress of ongoing projects.
- Handling the deployment and operation of Cloud enabled applications and services in our Private Cloud infrastructure.
- Utilizing DevOps methodologies and working with application developers and operations to guide the development and implementation of cloud-based applications, systems and processes.
- Deploying and orchestrating Docker and Kubernetes containers.
- Employing DevOps and agile principles; utilizing Azure DevOps, ServiceNow, and Ansible to enable CI/CD of various cloud applications.
- Monitoring and supporting day to day operations of cloud and legacy applications including tools such as DC RUM and Splunk.
- Developing automation using scriptinglanguages (i.e. python).
- Strong debugging skills.
- Strong understanding of fundamental network protocols.
- Test and automate a cloud-scale Vmware NSX SDN solutions.
- Experience with networktroubleshooting.
- Experience developing REST based web services.
- Familiarity with tunneling protocols (VXLAN, GRE, Geneve).
- Familiarity with routing protocols (BGP, OSPF, ISIS, MPLS).
- Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple work assignments simultaneously.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate complex information clearly and concisely.
- BS/BA, preferably in a technical or scientific field
- 5 or more years of software development/programmingexperience
- Experience programming/automating tasks and services within a software-defined network environment
- Experience with public and private cloud platforms
- Four or more years of experience as a Dev Ops engineer.
- Three or more years of experience in CI/CD tooling.
- Experience providing production operations support and 24/7 support
- Master's Degree in a Technical Field
- Experience developing REST based web services
- Java programming experience.
- Applicable certifications.
- Skilled in multiple programming languages.
- Experience with automation/orchestration tools such as Ansible, Puppet, ServiceNow, etc…
- Experience with SDN, Network Controllers, and NFV Orchestration \ VNF Management.