Zendesk is a service-first CRM company that builds powerful, customizable software designed to improve customer relations. At Zendesk, we encourage growth, innovation and believe in giving back to the communities we call home.
The ideal candidate will want to join a growing team. You have recent experience with full-stack cloud native software development, distributed systems, AWS, and digging through the code to resolve issues. You should have experience debugging incidents and partnering with teams across a company to improve reliability and performance of systems and services.
What you get to do every day
- Design, develop, and evolve the SRE practice at Zendesk
- Provide and institute proven practices around reliability, remediations, and troubleshooting
- Build vital and efficient tooling to lower the barrier of entrance for engineering teams to plug in and enjoy the benefits of Reliability
- Provide guidance to engineering teams reliability best practices to help proactively identify and resolve issues before they become incidents
- Rapidly understand issues with our products and help teams to effectively troubleshoot during incidents
- Build, deploy, and provide production support for any services you work on
- Analyze the shortcomings of existing systems and propose alternatives
What you'll bring to the role
Studies have shown that women and people of color tend not to apply for jobs unless they feel they meet exactly all items in the job description. We are most interested in finding the best candidates, and they may come from a nontraditional background. We encourage you to apply, even if you don't match everything listed in the job description.
- 4+ years experience in a Software and/or Site Reliability Engineering role
- You have worked professionally with front-end frameworks and libraries
- Experience developing and operating large scale distributed systems
- Can debug difficult problems across complex systems
- Experience with AWS, infrastructure, cloud native software design, backend systems and Kubernetes
- Experience building for and supporting a polyglot programming and datastore environment
- Enjoyment from helping others learn and improve through pairing, code review, tech talks etc.
- The ability to lead, partner, and collaborate cross functionally across an engineering organization
- Experience using high scale telemetry systems is a plus