Carbon Black Engineering is continuously growing to meet the needs of our customers, deploy features, and innovate at the edge of technology. This role reports into the Engineering Services team within the Technology Enablement branch of Engineering. The team is tasked with providing the tooling and expertise to accelerate Engineers for both on premise infrastructure as well as the cloud.
What you'll do:
- Work closely with Quality Engineers throughout all of Engineering to provide tooling and capabilities to accelerate testing of our endpoint agents.
- Work with configuration management tools to manage services within the lab.
- Leverage APIs of common tools to enable automation and self service for services provided by the Engineering Services team.
- Work with Infrastructure teams and Security Operations to build highly secure environments while maintaining necessary capability within the lab.
What you'll bring to the table:
- 5+ years as a Site Reliability Engineer, a Software Developer in Test, a Quality Engineer or as an Engineer supporting automation frameworks.
- Experience with test automation and CI/CD pipeline enablement.
- Ability to innovate platforms to enable Quality Engineers to test faster.
- Willingness to ask questions, challenge assumptions and adapt designs to meet the needs of multiple stakeholders.
- An ability to intake requirements, translate to technical solutions and assign tasks.
- An ability to mentor others and accept mentorship.
- Automation framework tools: Jenkins, Gitlab, Artifactory or equivalent tools.
- Puppet, Salstack or other config management tool
- General knowledge of AWS
- General knowledge of VMware virtualization
- Hybrid cloud or cloud migration experience
- Knowledge of VMware APIs
- Knowledge of firewall and networking concepts