Adzerk is a cloud-based service for building custom ad serving solutions quickly and easily. We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer with 5-10 years experience focused on Site Reliability Engineering.
In this role, you will...
- Develop techniques and practices to better manage platform operations as we continue to scale globally
- Work with the rest of the engineering team to improve key quality attributes: reduce latency, increase reliability and availability, improve security, etc.
- Improve deployment automation
- Monitor AWS costs and drive reduction on an ongoing basis
- Help diagnose issues when they arise, working with the rest of the team to address them
- Document and refine incident response process, and lead after incident debriefing
- Document operational practices and procedures
You will be a member of an engineering team that values...
- Constant improvement. If your processes have a way to improve themselves, you’ll never be stuck in a rut. We hold retros, and we value and protect the ability of any team member to say, “This can and should be better.” We value experimentation, especially when coupled with measurement.
- Balance. We’re a collaborative team. We kick ideas around. The more viewpoints we have, the more likely we are to hear a good idea we haven’t thought of. We all have the opportunity to work on all parts of the system. No one is stuck working on the legacy systems full time.
- Working to live, not living to work. We take our work seriously. We strive to make the best software we can for our clients. But we know that “release death marches” are not the way to achieve this. Software is a marathon, not a sprint. We work hard, but at a sustainable pace, and do better work as a result.
- Autonomy. One of our core values as a company is, “We’re all adults.” We do code reviews and sometimes we pair program, but we trust each other. If you thought about the problem and have an opinion, your teammates will listen.
- Mastery. Our CEO started out as a software engineer. Our VP of Engineering writes Clojure. We have an engineering team with decades of collective experience writing high-quality, fault-tolerant distributed systems. We love taking on and solving hard problems. We love learning.
- A sense of purpose. We know what problem we’re trying to solve: to provide a first-rate ad serving platform to our global customers while continuing to evolve our product to meet the needs of the future.