At Adobe, we’re changing the world. How? We give people the tools to bring their ideas to life and create content that makes life more fun and work more substantial. We give businesses and organizations the power to truly engage their customers. We're the ones behind the alluringly designed content that streams across your laptop, TV, phone, and tablet every day — and we’re the ones who harness the massive power of big data to help companies move from data to insight and insight to action by delivering content that people crave most.
You will be a member of the Site Reliability Engineering team of the Experience Cloud. We are looking for a Senior Site Reliability Engineer with a software engineering background who is passionate about developing software to help scale monitoring, alerting, provisioning and configuration management. We are a multi-cloud environment (Azure/AWS), are security-focused and are helping customers succeed. This individual should be self-motivated and have a drive for quality.
What you’ll do
- Develop software solutions to deploy, configure, monitor applications which are deployed in the cloud
- Drive and improve the whole lifecycle of operational readiness - from inception and design, through deployment, operation and refinement
- Develop tools, operational enhancements and automated solutions that enable self-service configuration changes, speed deployments and improve monitoring in support of business-critical customer facing SaaS applications and environments
- Maintain up-to-date documentation on deployments, processes and standard operating procedures/run-books
- Assist our software engineering team to ensure proper monitoring and metrics are being built into the applications before going to production
- Investigate failures, identify root cause, and implement remedy for continued improvement
- Participate in an on-call rotation
What you need to succeed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent and 7 years of relevant work experience
- Advanced Experience with Linux, Internet Protocols, and Large-Scale Operations
- Experience developing applications in one or more of the following: Python or Go.
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code principles using technologies such as Terraform, CloudFormation or ARM templates.
- Strong comprehension of continuous integration and continuous deployment methodologies.
- Experience with AWS and/or Azure stack – particularly in the areas of networking (VPCs, security groups), VMs (EC2), databases (RDS), load balancing (ELB, ALB)
- Excellent information management practices, such as thorough documentation, usage of wikis, and other collaboration tools
- Ability to scope project work, estimate effort and then break down work into sub-tasks
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, demonstrating the ability to effectively convey technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences