- Studies specifications to plan procedures for construction on basis of starting and completion times and staffing requirements for each phase of construction.
- Assist Project Manager in locating and evaluating potential subcontractors, vendors, and suppliers.
- Assist in developing scopes of work for review and approval of Project Manager.
- Assist in the development of project schedule. Prepare estimates in areas of self-performed work, and assist in complete project estimate.
- Solicit prices from subcontractors, vendors, and suppliers for review and approval by Project Managers. (This will be based on a list of subs and vendors established by the Project Manger and Site Manager at the beginning of project.)
- Assist in selection of qualified bidders and negotiate final prices.
- Draft subcontracts and purchase orders for Project Manger's review and approval.
- Assist in the preparation of various reports, i.e. cost to complete, monthly billings and status reports.
- Review all drawings, i.e. shop, architectural, structural, etc. when they are issued to the field and coordinate and maintain a current set at all times.
- Assist in pricing work, draft changes and change orders to be reviewed by Project Manager.
- Assist in ensuring customer satisfaction with the project.
- Coordinate and manage on-site construction activities from pre-start-up to completion.
- Schedule work, including subcontractors.
- Determine materials, equipment and tools needed.
- Secure appropriate supply sources.
- Set up and close out construction site.
- Serve as on-site Safety Officer when one is not specifically assigned to the project.
- Responsible for procurement of tools and materials to be delivered at specified times to conform to work schedules.
- Confers with and directs supervisory personnel and subcontractors engaged in planning and executing work procedures, interpreting specification, and coordinating various phases of construction to prevent delays.
- Confers with supervisory personnel to resolve complaints and grievances within work force.
- Prepares or review reports on progress, materials used and costs, and adjusts work schedules as indicated by reports.
- Establish and maintain high safety and quality standards in accordance to company and industry standards.
- Responsible for the communication, implementation and enforcement of Gray's safety program on site.
Associate's degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; and a minimum fifteen (15) years related; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience managing industrial construction projects, with a total dollar volume over 75 million is required.