Dewberry is currently seeking a Senior Project Manager/Civil Engineer to join our site/civil department in our Fairfax, Virginia office. Typical projects involve site/civil design for public, institutional, commercial and industrial site development, and capital improvement projects in an urban environment. This is an excellent career opportunity for a self-motivated and talented individual to join a team of outstanding professionals, and the opportunity to mentor entry-level staff in the application of the latest technology to help our clients solve their most challenging problems. The applicant will also engage in business development activities as needed.
- Site/civil development plans including grading design, roadway design, storm water management systems design, and erosion and sediment control design, using Civil 3D.
- Client relationship management.
- Preparation of all associated calculations, reports and spreadsheets.
- Collaborating and managing design teams in all aspects of a given project to develop detailed design documents for construction plans.
- Support growth strategy for site/civil group.
- Conduct code research, write specifications, and obtain permitting.
Required Skills & Required Experience
- B.S. in Civil Engineering required.
- 10 years of experience required.
- Professional Engineering license in Virginia or DC is required.
- Proven experience with Urban sites in DC/Alexandria/Arlington (medical or university campus experience desired).
- Experience with AutoCAD, Civil 3D, and Microsoft office is required.
- Ability to lead and mentor other team members, including entry-level professionals.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients, coworkers, sub consultants, and county/agency review staff.
- Job ID 6731