As one of the technology industry's most desirable employers, NVIDIA is an industry leader in high performance computing, gaming and AI. NVIDIA's GPUs and SOCs are extraordinary in performance and efficiency, and we are continually innovating in creative ways to deliver outstanding solutions in a wide range of sectors. We are seeking Product definition Engineers who are passionate about what they do and are committed to making a difference in the world through their inventions.
As part of the Silicon Solutions Team, we architect and deliver groundbreaking solutions for productizing NVIDIA's chips into consumer, professional, server, mobile, and automotive markets.What you will be doing:
What we need to see:
- As a product definition engineer for NVIDIA's family of chips and products, you will analyze pre-production silicon in state of the art process technologies for performance, power, yield, and quality to define the world's fastest products.
- Architect essential next generation product features that are vital for performance, power optimization and management techniques all the way from feature definition to production; working with multi-functional teams.
- Design tools to automate product definitions, data collection, test case execution, and results analysis.
- Build pre and post-silicon methodologies to characterize silicon features, correlate silicon behavior with simulations, and provide design feedback.
- Find creative solutions to complex silicon and system level problems and be on the frontline to lead show-stopper bugs, in order to enable product shipment.
- Work alongside system architects, chip and board designers, software/firmware engineers, HW/SW applications engineering, process/reliability specialists, ATE engineers, product managers, sales, and operations, in a dynamic, high-energy work environment to bring industry-defining products to market.
- BS with 8+yrs or MS with 6+yrs experience or equivalent experience in EE, CE, CS, Systems Engineering, or similar and experience in a related hardware engineering position.
- Excellent problem solving, collaborative, and interpersonal skills. Experience working with offshore teams preferred.
- Hands-on experience with silicon bringup, frequency and power characterization, Tester to System correlation, lab tools (oscilloscopes, multimeters, DAQ).
- Deep understanding of product binning methods, optimization techniques, methods, trade-off analysis and tools for data analysis and statistics.
- Exposure to critical path analysis, power analysis, process technologies, transistor/device physics, silicon reliability and aging mechanisms.
- Familiarity with Perl, C/C++, tool and script development, Windows and Linux OS is a plus.
- Background with power supply and substrate noise analysis and mitigation.
- Exposure to digital design, circuit analysis, computer architecture, BIOS, drivers, and software applications.
NVIDIA is a pioneer in bringing groundbreaking technology to new markets. We have some of the most forward-thinking and hardworking people in the world working with us. If you're creative and autonomous, we want to hear from you!
NVIDIA is committed to fostering a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression , sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.