Req Id: 117704
The Senior Signal Integrity Research and Development (SI R&D) team supports all of Micron’s current and future product developments. Major product technologies developed at Micron include DRAM, LPDRAM, RLDRAM, NAND, NOR, 3DXP and SSDs within the consumer, server, wireless, and embedded product groups. A major SI R&D team focus is integrated circuit packaging. The team owns all steps of the signal and power integrity support process including die and package model generation, product performance analysis, system-level SI evaluation, measurement, correlation, and customer support. The team also supports future specification development within several industry standards groups including JEDEC, ONFI, and IBIS. The group working environment is diverse, challenging, and team oriented.
As an experienced Signal Integrity Engineer at Micron, you will be responsible for leading the design and analysis of high speed memory interfaces and package power distribution networks. You will alternate through different product development teams, leading out in SI/PI development to ensure product electrical performance through modeling, simulation, analysis, and correlation of the integrated circuit packages. You will be responsible for representing the SI R&D team and integrating with package design, silicon design, product engineering, and marketing departments to ensure overall product performance. You will also be expected to contribute to future standards development efforts through system and product electrical capability exploration. Additional responsibilities include external customer support and group methodology development.
Successful candidates for this position will have:
- BSEE w/ 5 years MIN relevant industry experience (or equivalent degrees) or MSEE
- Required courses covering electromagnetic, transmission line and RF theory, analog design or similar fields of study or experience.
- Required experience and working knowledge of E.M. field solvers (quasi-static and full wave), time and frequency domain simulation tools like Q3D, SIWAVE, HFSS, HSPICE, ADS, etc..
- Solid understanding of electromagnetic and transmission line theory, general I/O design, signal integrity, differential and single-ended interface technologies.
- Experienced and knowledgeable of Printed Circuit Board (PCB) layout or electrical package design techniques.
- Design and analysis experience of high-speed single-ended or differential buses
- Familiarity with statistical analysis and equivalent tools (example: JMP) is also beneficial
- Familiarity and fundamental understanding of lab measurement equipment
- Oscilloscopes, TDR, Vector Network Analyzer (VNA), etc.
- Self-motivated - candidate should enjoy leading and taking ownership of assigned projects, exhibit good written and verbal communication skills, and have the ability to work well in a diverse team environment.
We recruit, hire, train, promote, discipline and provide other conditions of employment without regard to a person's race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, veteran’s status, or other classifications protected under law. This includes providing reasonable accommodation for team members' disabilities or religious beliefs and practices. Each manager, supervisor and team member is responsible for carrying out this policy. The EEO Administrator in Human Resources is responsible for administration of this policy. The administrator will monitor compliance and is available to answer any questions on EEO matters.
Keywords: Allen || Texas (US-TX) || United States (US) || DEG (DRAM Engineering Group) || Experienced || Regular || Engineering || #LI-MP1 ||
Nearest Major Market: Dallas
Nearest Secondary Market: Fort Worth
Job Segment: Engineer, Electrical, Network, Product Development, Electrical Engineering, Engineering, Technology, Research