Responsible for the analysis, design, coding, testing, documentation and support of new software applications and enhancements to existing applications. Provide technology solutions to allow business units achieve their objectives and goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Design, develop and test software applications
- Maintain systems by identifying and correcting software defects
- Participate in requirement analysis and definition
- Create technical specifications and unit test plans
- Work with QA to align understanding of requirements and to develop system test plans
- Work as part of an Agile development team to solve problems and develop projects in a fast paced environment
- Follow instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job
- Demonstrate a basic degree of creativity and problem solving skills
- Follow the established software development life cycle
- Follow established coding standards and naming conventions
- Support applications using software development methodologies including structured programming, documentation, design and code review
- Work with business analysts and application users to define and design robust user centric application solutions
- Collaborate with UX resources to drive consistent look and feel of user interface
- Collaborate with database resources to ensure robust and complete data access and manipulation
- Collaborate with IT Operations to ensure hardware and software are aligned to deliver business requirements
- Mentor junior and other new developers
- On-site regular attendance and punctuality are essential functions of the job
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor Degree or, in-lieu of degree, equivalent education, training and work-related experience
- 7+ years of experience in the Microsoft technology stack
- 3+ years of development experience in Siebel Tools Configuration, Workflows, Business Services, WebServices, eScript, XML, XSLT, Integration Objects, VBC, EAI, and EIM
- Extensive experience in Siebel integration using EAI, Web Services
- Working knowledge of the Siebel Innovation pack.
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming and SOLID design principles
- Proficient in C# with good understanding of VB.NET
- Experience with SOAP and Restful Web Services (WCF, Web API)
- Proficient in SQL Server 2012 and above, Transact SQL, stored procedures, triggers, DTS packages
- Experience with Entity Framework and Object-Relational Mapping (ORM) frameworks
- Experience with applying design and architectural patterns
- Familiar with TFS 2013 and higher
- Experience in end-to-end Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) project
- Experience working with Agile/Scrum methodologies
- Experience with code review and evaluation
- Good at understanding requirements and estimation
- Good team player, have ability and willingness to mentor junior developers
- Have passion for learning new technologies and enhancing existing skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter that can work well in a team environment
- Proactive issue resolution with a positive attitude
- Ability to adapt and respond in a rapidly evolving business environment
- Understands solution at the project level
- 7+ years of development experience in Siebel Tools Configuration, Workflows, Business Services, WebServices, eScript, XML, XSLT, Integration Objects, VBC, EAI, and EIM
- Experience in Siebel Admin with Upgrade experience to IP17+(or lower) versions of Siebel is preferable.
- Configuration and Administration of Siebel Enterprise, Servers, Component Groups and Components
- Excellent experience on windows operating system and ability to debug complex issues related to Siebel servers.
- Knowledge of configuring LDAP/Active Directory for user authentication.
- Knowledge of Siebel architecture for Load Balancing.
- Experience with Siebel Admin
- Working knowledge with OpenUI
- Possess experience in the insurance industry and/ or basic knowledge of insurance
- Understanding of data modeling concepts
- Relevant Microsoft certification
- Insurance industry experience.