JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for the development and management of all assigned project-related aesthetic, show, and guest-experience elements. The Senior Show Producer defines and ensures compliance with Creative goals and intent; informing and advising Senior Management of Project status and Issues. Acts as the Creative Lead on assigned projects, supervising any assigned staff and workloads and determines strategies ensuring the successful completion of all tasks and/or assignments through all aspects of design and production from original concept through final installation. The Senior Show Producer shall be responsible for ensuring conformance with any and all 3rd party Intellectual Properties from a creative standpoint.
- The Senior Show Producer is the Responsible Individual to ensure the Project's Creative Design Intent is successfully achieved in all guest-experience related aspects of the Project. As part of the Project's leadership team, the Senior Show Producer is responsible to partner with the team to develop, review and manage scopes, contract documents, cost estimates, schedules, strategies and work plans to align with achieving the Project's creative intent.
- Assures guest-experience and creative design intent is properly designed, developed, articulated and documented. Manages and interfaces with appropriate internal and external resources through every phase of design, production and installation to ensure Creative Intent Documentation (artwork, models, design packages, treatments etc.) is properly developed and that Attraction Scopes, Close-out Documentation and Quality Standards consistently align with the Project's creative intent.
- Develops and manages work plans, estimates, schedules and tasks for all creative design and art direction activities in support of the overall Project goals and strategies. Ensure appropriate level and number of design, art direction and specialist resources are assigned as needed throughout the project.
- Develops and manages strategic sourcing and staffing plans to support show development and production efforts. Makes employment decisions, including hiring, terminating and promotional recommendations. Evaluates subordinate personnel on creative, technical, leadership and interpersonal skills. Negotiates and procures outside resources as necessary. Ensures that staffing and resources are contracted and approved to deliver project deliverables in accordance with and approved project budgets and schedules.
- Manages, interprets, communicates and presents Project concept and design intent development to a variety of audiences throughout the Project process.
- Ensures conformance with, and acquires creative approvals from, 3rd Party Licensors as required, to provide design direction that is in conformance with any and all 3rd Party brand standards.
- Develops, manages and reports status on design and production budgets schedules.
- Strong design, production and management portfolio.
- Knowledge of design management, work planning, budgeting, scheduling, bid package preparation and variety of vendors.
- Knowledge of theme park technologies including ride, A/V, robotics, engineering, and various show systems.
- Knowledge of theme park related architectural, project management, organizational, and production/construction practices.
- Demonstrates ability to lead creative and technical teams on multiple complex attraction projects.
- Instills a spirit of teamwork and promotes staff development.
- Makes independent choices free from immediate supervision.
- Possesses solid aesthetic sensibilities and storytelling skills to support the creative process and to facilitate positive and productive communication between all disciplines.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree: Theatrical Arts, Theme Park Associated Design or related field is preferred.
- Required 8-10 Years: experience in theme park design and design management preferred.
- Required 5-7 Years: experience in theatrical, theme park or other media related design/production field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Required: experience as a Show Producer for several (minimum 3) theme park attraction projects from Design through Installation.